• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

File corruption after OCing

Jinto

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
1,844
System in spec except I OCed it a bit more to 3.75GHz. Even before I took it further I noticed some issues but did not think much of it at the time. When I was using winrar to unzip a large file I keep getting file corruption errors. After a reformat Vista SP1 refused to install. I ran OCCT for hours and memtest as well and both are fine.
 
Im on a P5Q Deluxe. It automatically locks the PCI frequency to 33Mhz. Yes I use a SATA drive, Velociraptor. I dont think it is a drive issue since I tried to unzip something over my network and that failed too while working perfectly fine on my server.
 
is it occur when proc is oc'ed only?

when it come down to stock unzip just fine?
 
Yeah right now I am upping the FSB by increments to see where it fails.
 
You should back off your overclock for now as you are clearly having stability issues. It seems like you are having memory errors that are causing file corruption in windows (journal,indexes,registry errors). I suggest running it back to stock speeds with stock voltages and running a chkdsk using the command prompt. Also, always install windows while not overclocked as you have no way of knowing if your system is stable or not during installation--there can be background memory errors that you may not be aware of.
 
This may sound odd but check your voltages for CPU and NB and maybe bump the CPU voltage up a notch. Goofy things can happen when the cpu isnt getting enough juice. Eg. I OC'ed mine and could run OCCT with stable results all the time but couldnt successfully transcode a dvd in Handbrake. I kept bumping the Vcore up and found that it got further through the encode (kept checking the filesize that it ended up with since it just said finish and produced a bad file) til the third time which was the charm.
 
Back
Top