Filco/Das Keyboard

f51

n00b
Hello guys,

I'm relatively new here but I've been lurking for a while, not sure if long enough. Anyway, I was
set on buying a Filco on Amazon (complete board with blue switches and that "ninja" key labeling) but then I was browsing their website yesterday and they've run out of this exact model I was looking for. I was going to buy them on november.

Based on what you've seen, is it possible they restock by then? Or should I go with a Das? (The Das looks like a great keyboard also, but their black piano finish and that hub thing are deal breakers for me). I really really like simple and elegant designs.

I am not trying to compare them, I'm just saying that I only have one opportunity to buy one of them and I'm asking whether I should stick with Filco or the Das can serve as a substitute.

Edit: Yes, it has to be from Amazon...

"(The Das looks like a great keyboard also, but their black piano finish and that hub thing are deal breakers for me). I really really like simple and elegant designs."

These were the exact same thoughts I had before buying my DAS professional KB. This thing actually looks extremely elegant with the black piano glossy finish. The usb hub makes this KB unique in its design. The DAS keyboard looks amazing in person, pictures/videos don't do any justice.

Do you absolutely need it by November? I've never purchased one from amazon so I can't comment on how long it takes before they replenish the stock. Das are fine but the glossy finish may be annoying.

I'd wait for the Flico if that's what you're set on, the new Das boards with media keys are being manufactured by iOne and are nowhere near the same quality as the older Professional S boards.

Another option would be to buy a CMStorm Quickfire Rapid or Rosewill RK9000 for half the price and buy side-printed PBT keycaps if you really want them still. Both boards have the same quality as the Flico, just priced a lot lower.

Do you absolutely need it by November? I've never purchased one from amazon so I can't comment on how long it takes before they replenish the stock. Das are fine but the glossy finish may be annoying.

Yes, I can only buy them by November and on Amazon.

I'd wait for the Flico if that's what you're set on, the new Das boards with media keys are being manufactured by iOne and are nowhere near the same quality as the older Professional S boards.

Another option would be to buy a CMStorm Quickfire Rapid or Rosewill RK9000 for half the price and buy side-printed PBT keycaps if you really want them still. Both boards have the same quality as the Flico, just priced a lot lower.

I have considered the Rosewill ones as they have a full keyboard and are built by the same company but I was set back by that mini-usb port. The new RK-9100 seems to be nice option also, but they still don't have the white illuminated keys yet.

The main reason I wanted the different labeling is durability, as I usually can't afford to import things myself (as I have to pay a 60% tax + 6% on monetary operations when importing) to replace the fading keys.

I guess I'm either going for one of those Rosewills (I can always turn the lights off) as their key labeling don't fade (they are transparent so the light can get through) or the Filcos if they ever get restocked by then.

Thank you for your kind responses.

I'm also open to consider other alternatives I've not heard of :)

Back