Figuring out which Codecs were Used...

BlackKoala

n00b
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
47
Hello there Guys!


I have a movie here, a .avi to be more specific, but the timing of Audio / Video is off!


I was wondering, how do I know WHICH codecs are being used? Or a heads up on how to correct this?
 
what player do you use? I use mplayer classic, and for that all you have to do is right click on the picture and click filters. with mplayer classic to fix audio sync right click, click audio then options then set delay
 
look into the program gspot it will tell you the info for the file.
 
The first poster has a good suggestion. Just use the built in features of your player to sync it if you want to bother with it.

To resync it permanently, I would (and have) rip out the audio and video and resync it manually. The last time I did this, it took me about 30 hours, but that's because the file I was working with was two seperate .mkv files, with subtitles, both out of sync and I was also trying to convert it to .avi... Biggest pain of my life, but it felt good to get it done.

To get the codecs, I use gspot, it's awesome. It comes with the totally awesome klite codec pack. I'm sure you get it stand alone though.
 
Download graphedit and drop the avi file into a filter graph. It will tell you how the file is being decompressed and played.
 
Back
Top