Figured it out

Term-X

2[H]4U
I have been continuously having FILE_IO_ERRORs with SMP Client which will basically mean I would constantly have to reset the client after every work unit was done. I tried various overclock settings and stock. Basically, I figured out it was NOD32 AMON (realtime file system protection) that was causing it.

So incase anyone else is encountering this, check to see if your virus active scanner is enabled.

I have been continuously having FILE_IO_ERRORs with SMP Client which will basically mean I would constantly have to reset the client after every work unit was done. I tried various overclock settings and stock. Basically, I figured out it was NOD32 AMON (realtime file system protection) that was causing it.

So incase anyone else is encountering this, check to see if your virus active scanner is enabled.

You might also want to look at your NIC configuation, default is to allow the network to go to sleep, uncheck that box.;)

I agree. NOD32 (build 3.0.642.0) on 64 bit Vista borks the folding console. It allows the WU to be downloaded, processed and then uploaded....then right when it is ready to start again....IO error... and the computer sits there doing nothing until you get home from work. Is this what you see in your log file (see below). I have tried to work this out with ESET tech support, but I have gotten nowhere with them.

[11:38:45] Preparing to commence simulation
[11:38:45] - Ensuring status. Please wait.
[11:38:47] - Starting from initial work packet
[11:38:48]
[11:38:48] Project: 2653 (Run 16, Clone 179, Gen 60)
[11:38:48]
[11:38:48] Assembly optimizations on if available.
[11:38:48] Entering M.D.
[11:39:07] l work pa- Starting from initial work packet
[11:39:07]
[11:39:07] Project: 265Entering M.D.
[11:39:07] ne 179, Gen 60)
[11:39:07]
[11:39:07] Entering M.D.
[11:39:13] Could not open Sas file
[11:39:13]
[11:39:13] Folding@home Core Shutdown: FILE_IO_ERROR
[11:39:13]
[11:39:13] Folding@home Core Shutdown: FILE_IO_ERROR

--SNIP--

Is this what you see in your log file (see below). I have tried to work this out with ESET tech support, but I have gotten nowhere with them.

--SNIP--

Pretty much exactly like that. It's a bit of a hassle for me because I got a bajillion character password which I have to type in each time I need to disable (NOD32 AMON) but now at least I know it's not my overclock.

You might also want to look at your NIC configuation, default is to allow the network to go to sleep, uncheck that box.

Yea, I just double checked again and it is disabled (I usually disable all the power saving stuff when I do a fresh OS install).

Back