Fighting games, air juggling getting out of hand?

Yeah, in general if you're going to play - you might as well play to win. It's why there are usually competitive/ranked vs. casual modes in most games. If you want to play around (nothing wrong with that - I do it), just stick to the casual modes.
I'd say the only exception would be if there's a full on unintended exploit in the game...a la the old Guile invisible throw/handcuff/blackout or something similar.
Right, or the infinites in the new MK. But the developer is trying to do their best to patch those out as they're discovered.

It's totally valid to enter competitive games with a laser focus on winning. If that means sweeping the leg, then I'm gonna put your ass in a body bag. Strike hard, strike first, no mercy.

Thank you, this made me crack up. I will go along with the recent sentiment here that the fighting game community online is incredibly rude and elitist (much like DotA, LoL, or HoN if you're familiar with those). However; if you run in to those same people at an arcade they tend to be friendly and instructive after they've beaten you once.

I'd rather be sporting and win because I then know I won based on skill and not how well I used exploits or cheesy bullshit.

Having sportmanship shows you actually have some kind of morality in the real world. I often observe that how people play games is similar to how they approach other aspects of their lives.

Absolutely positively 100% correct and so right.
That's how I play. If I have to rely on cheese to win at a game, I quit playing the game. That's why I gave up on MvC2.

I don't go on XBL in MvC3 or HDR and act like I'm trying to win a tournament and do nothing but throw people or shoot beams at people. I play to have fun. XBL does not have money tournaments. I could care less if I'm playing a ranked match or a player match; I play both, I take the same "have fun" mentality to both.

I've beaten higher ranked players than me quite a few times by using my "non-cheese" to their "overabundance of cheese". Same rules as MMA....anyone can win on any given day, especially in the fighters nowadays which are a lot more balanced (MvC3 and HDR both especially).

I've been around players that other people consider "pros"; back in the MvC2 days me and a bunch of friends went to the Midwest SF tournament in North Brook, IL. I saw a lot of people there. Alex Valle was a complete dick to a friend of mine because my buddy beat him in Alpha 3 with R.Mika who is a non-top tier character. Most of the people I met personally who weren't really "known" players were all cool. The few I saw that I've seen on Shoryuken were dicks. I'm not saying ALL pro players are dicks, I'm saying some of those guys take themselves WAAAAAAYYYY too seriously. You're playing a game. You can do things and win tournaments, but at the end of the day you're still playing a game. You didn't split the atom; don't be a dick to everyone else, period.

Yeah, I've played some tournament players some time ago and it's pretty interesting to see their reaction to different things.
I remember in the Tekken Tag days I'd use a LOT of tic command throws with King and AK (intermingled with hop kicks of course) and they'd always act like what I was doing was sooo amatuerish...yet it kept working and this was face to face so there wasn't any kind of lag or any of that nonsense. I got within 1 match of the regional qualifiers playing that way. Oddly enough I lost to another guy essentially doing the same sort of thing. Stick with what you're good at.
It's like there's some kind of code of what's considered acceptable and what isn't, yet sometimes people actually overlook valid stuff because they think it's scrubby.
Back in the Super Turbo days there was a guy from Minnesota that won one of the biggest national tournaments with some pretty basic (borderline spammy) Ken stuff. Guys were huffing and puffing and talking under their breath...but the guy won. When it was said and done, people shit talked that guy for years, too...yet he still won.

Um, a few facts.

Street Fighter 4 has far less juggles than the earlier ones. Hell 3s had more air items, and Alpha3 you could carry them in the air across the entire screen and then juggle them in the corner. It has far less.

Mortal Kombat, ditto. In UMK3 or MK2 you'd get hit in the air and juggled the crap out of. Hell in MK1 three of the characters could just hop punch juggle you straight across the screen.

As for MVC3, it has less air juggling infinites than Xmen vs SF, marvel super heroes vs SF, marvel vs capcom, and marvel vs capcom 2 by a large margin.

So no, the games actually have less bullshit when it comes to that sort of nonsense than ever before.

All that's changed is with the internet more people are learning that this was possible. In UMK3 I could get 60-80% of your life in a single juggle with Smoke or Ermac off any combo or if you were stupid enough to jump. In SF A3 I could get 60% and like 20 hits off a single juggle with Akuma from anywhere in the screen. In hokuto no ken I can kill you off a juggle or it will run out the clock, in the prior VS games from Capcom there are multiple characters that I can infinite combo you into a juggle.

It's not as bad as it was, it's just now people are being exposed to mid level or higher players who do this sort of stuff on a regular basis. If the other guy isn't able to do that sort of damage or higher, he sucks.

Yup. The only games with "excessive" air juggling are ones where they are designed specifically around that mechanic, ie - Marvel vs Capcom or Super Smash Bros, and as you said those mechanics have been getting nerfed or toned down over the years.

I don't want to type an essay but I just wanted to reply that I disagree with the op. I've only picked up fighting games recently starting with SF3-TS over GGPO and branched out to SF4 and having tried some MvC3 and MK. There is no question in my mind that fighting games are getting easier, not harder. I'm not a competitive or pro player but I very much enjoy watching the pros who put a lot of time and effort into it to master all the tricks.

Yeah, in general if you're going to play - you might as well play to win. It's why there are usually competitive/ranked vs. casual modes in most games. If you want to play around (nothing wrong with that - I do it), just stick to the casual modes.
I'd say the only exception would be if there's a full on unintended exploit in the game...a la the old Guile invisible throw/handcuff/blackout or something similar.

Lies, if it' doesn't auto save midway through a fail, and you can't quit out that way ala PC gaming you shouldn't do it.

Need to view through PC gaming here, aka noob the crap out of it and get more GFX, all hail bad gamers with good money, all hail PC gamers..

PC gaming has infected and noobed up arcade games and even consoles, it sucks, keep that crap on the PC where it belongs.

sd11, I don't see how your latest response has anything to do with the person you quoted.

It's funny that you blame PC gamers for "noobing the crap" out of games when that's been the biggest complaint PC gamers have against console gamers. Perhaps it's that the industry is noobing their own stuff down in order to appeal to a wider audience?

Frankly I don't really see how PC's have affected fighting games at all considering so few of them are ever released on PC in a timely fashion. The only game I can think of that even came out within a year of the arcade/console release was SF4.

sd11, I don't see how your latest response has anything to do with the person you quoted.

It's funny that you blame PC gamers for "noobing the crap" out of games when that's been the biggest complaint PC gamers have against console gamers. Perhaps it's that the industry is noobing their own stuff down in order to appeal to a wider audience?

Frankly I don't really see how PC's have affected fighting games at all considering so few of them are ever released on PC in a timely fashion. The only game I can think of that even came out within a year of the arcade/console release was SF4.

I agree. sd11 won't admit it but he's an elitist snob when it comes to fighting games. I think this is evidenced by his posts on the subject. With that mentality it's hard to take anything he says seriously, even on the subject he's most well versed in.

I kinda think he's trolling. I don't think anyone actually cares that much about their E Honda handslaps enough to call people scrubs and blame PC gaming for "noobing things up."

I dunno, I thought that Tekken 6 took the series in the wrong direction as they essentially doubled the duration of juggles.
Yes! OP doesn't even mention the worst offender of them all. I bought Tekken 6 blind, not having played any of the tekkens since tekken tag years ago, so when I actually got into 6 I was stunned how much of a juggle game it was. Sure the basic similarities in gameplay were there, but it was now all about trying to launch your opponent so you could juggle him for 80% of his life. Or trying to avoid your opponent's launches. It's all now just a game of who can land a launcher move, which imo is just sad compared to the tekken games from a decade ago. Sure you could juggle people back then, but it was *usually* a 3-4 hit with like 15-20% or so. Now it's a 15 hit 80% damage juggle which is just ridiculous. Now the core gameplay, the footsies and mind games etc are still there for the most part, but now they have to take a back seat to the ridiculous launching/juggling.

The OP mentions SF but that's the most balanced game of them all in terms of juggling. In SF you can't hit someone on the ground, and *almost* always cannot hit someone who's falling except if it's a move which uses meter/ultra. MK9 is brand new and just released so it will obviously have a few issues - but from what I've read there is a gravity system built into the game where the victims fall faster and faster the more they are juggled, in an attempt to curb their airtime while being juggled. If you think those games are bad then avoid Tekken 6 at all costs lol.

There is an arcade party this summer in VA if people want in.

SSF2T, IIRC A3, and GG ISUKA, which was such a pile of shit I'm glad that series died. 4p fighter with all 2p items intact, lmao. There are others as well, would you like to know more?

(dont have much to add to this thread but) I loved tekken 1-4 and Tag but it seems that t5 and 6 are just 'off'. Too much flash and juggles or something, idk. As far as street fighter goes, I think that my favs are CE,SFEX+Alpha, SFIII, and SFIII 3s.

It does seem like it's getting really easy to juggle in some of these newer games. Its even easier to pull off some of the moves(sf4 zangief). I didn't mind getting juggled in the SF III games because I knew it took skills and spot on timing. But some of this newer shite thats out right now is just ridiculous. And YES if it wasnt for youtube and the internet id still be spamming fireballs instead of practicing crap like this

http://youtu.be/jo9hiDf8j00 Omg did this guy just throw out a f'ing mirror? LAME, im picking ken :)
http://youtu.be/buJfzlmEXys o man necro is a fake dhalsim im picking ken :)

Last edited:
and i suck at SF4 because i find my self trying to parry everything and the XBox controller SUCKS for fighting games.

I havent played a fighter since SF2 turbo edition. Guess im not missing much.

As an accomplished purple belt in fukjitsu, I can assure you that air juggling an opponent is a real life practical attack style. I just recently advanced in rank at the last tournament, where I managed to hit my opponent with a flying bicycle kick thirteen times following an uppercut before he fell to the ground.

I contend that ALL games in ALL competitive genres are getting scrubbier for sales, and that at the highest levels, people will do what some consider "unfun" to win. Either adapt, only play with friends/casuals, or quit. Unless they make an intentionally no-flash game, stuff like that will happen.

Yeah, I don't necessarily think it's just fighting games that have gotten ridiculous with different techniques.
You'll see the same things in sports games (Madden, etc.), shooters, and even games like Fight Night and the UFC game. For every dozen techniques that the designers are proud of there's an exploit that's 5x more effective.

I havent played a fighter since SF2 turbo edition. Guess im not missing much.

SF2 Turbo was more broken than any of the games are now. The problem is with the internet, anybody who doesn't utterly suck and blow balls and doesn't have any business playing any video game ever, can pull off mid level tactics. And the noobs and mentally retarded hate that and hate playing them. Because their days of being able to scrub it up, are dying.

Oh well. Cry me a river.

So they whine "I got tossed for an 18 hit combo", when the real truth is "I suck so much and am to stupid to actually pull a combo like that, thus it is cheap, and I suck so much I don't understand how what I did to put my self in that situation was so stupid my dog would laugh at me, so I'll get hit by it again, then I'lll get my panties in a wad, curse the world, and cry about the game".

GG, you suck. That's all there is to it, you suck at games.

SF2 Turbo was more broken than any of the games are now. The problem is with the internet, anybody who doesn't utterly suck and blow balls and doesn't have any business playing any video game ever, can pull off mid level tactics. And the noobs and mentally retarded hate that and hate playing them. Because their days of being able to scrub it up, are dying.

Oh well. Cry me a river.

So they whine "I got tossed for an 18 hit combo", when the real truth is "I suck so much and am to stupid to actually pull a combo like that, thus it is cheap, and I suck so much I don't understand how what I did to put my self in that situation was so stupid my dog would laugh at me, so I'll get hit by it again, then I'lll get my panties in a wad, curse the world, and cry about the game".

Hey, could you get a little more elitist and boast some more about your awesome competitive fighting skills a little more please? I'd also like a side of you calling us lesser virtual fighters (at least lesser than yourself obviously) scrubs and a noobs a bit more. That never gets old. I don't think we get the picture just yet. :rolleyes:

Imagine in chess if you made one bad move of a piece and then the opponent went and air juggled his way through your entire front row and opened a way to your king for one mishap without an ability to come back or overcome it.

That would be the most amazing chess game to watch....ever...

:D

I hate air juggles. I agree. One slip and suddenly you can't do anything about it.

Oh well. Cry me a river.

I agree with your sentiment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

but your delivery is just terrible.

Also, we're talking about a game.

Oh noes, I suck at a game! I guess I'll go find a new one.

Also, air juggles are just downright stupid.

Hey, could you get a little more elitist and boast some more about your awesome competitive fighting skills a little more please? I'd also like a side of you calling us lesser virtual fighters (at least lesser than yourself obviously) scrubs and a noobs a bit more. That never gets old. I don't think we get the picture just yet. :rolleyes:

Considering how this site views consoles in general, and Kyles rant vs Crytek, I think I'm being rather nice and tame. Towards the "benchmarks are games' crowd.

I could be worse, I'm toning it down. ;) But really, you guys are to fighters as Halo is to an FPS, and I'm being cruel to Halo.

Considering how this site views consoles in general, and Kyles rant vs Crytek, I think I'm being rather nice and tame. Towards the "benchmarks are games' crowd.

I could be worse, I'm toning it down. ;) But really, you guys are to fighters as Halo is to an FPS, and I'm being cruel to Halo.

Yeah, you could be a bigger dick about how awesome you are over fighting games. That's great to know. :rolleyes:

Your awesome at fighting games. Good for you. We get it.
602__image_09.jpg

Yeah, you could be a bigger dick about how awesome you are over fighting games. That's great to know. :rolleyes:

Your awesome at fighting games. Good for you. We get it.
602__image_09.jpg

Or we could talk about how PC FPS games are dumber than rocks and how LTG and Shock were the only guns worth a shit in UT2003 and ut2004, and if you weren't using them and auto timing all armours and the DD you lost.

But god for bid that, that would be pointing out that PC games are prone to the same sort of shit, but it's ok, so long as it's on the PC.

Or we could talk about how PC FPS games are dumber than rocks and how LTG and Shock were the only guns worth a shit in UT2003 and ut2004, and if you weren't using them and auto timing all armours and the DD you lost.

But god for bid that, that would be pointing out that PC games are prone to the same sort of shit, but it's ok, so long as it's on the PC.

The subject matter is fighting games. Not PC games, not first person shooters. Just how many times and in how many ways can you talk about how awesome you are at the game type? Again, we get what you are telling us. Your opinion is noted. I just don't think anyone gives a shit at this point. I know 100 times over that if I see "sd11" or whatever name you go by online in fighting games, or I meet you at some "arcade party" that I shouldn't play a fighting game against you. I now know, thanks to this and the other fighting game threads, that I should go and cry in the corner rather than face your awesome combo-face-raping skills. :rolleyes: If every post of mine in a Call of Duty thread went something like this: "I'm pro and kick all your noobie scrub asses at FPS games." and shit like "Counter strike is the only competitive game, everything else is dumbed down crap for noobs and retards." I'm pretty sure people would get sick of it real quick. I'm not talking about how awesome I am at every opportunity and how everyone who isn't "mid-level" or better should just fucking quit playing and that they totally suck at games. It's not just you that gets under my skin with this crap, it's anyone who makes comments that reek of elitism and smug superiority in any thread about any game type. You are just as bad as all the people circle jerking about the 11 year old game of Counterstrike and how awesome it is.

Enough already. What the fuck is it with people who claim to be so awesome and competitive at a certain game type? Why the hell do they whine so much and bitch about gaming in general? Oh wait, that's because their skills developed at the cost of things other people place a higher value on; a life. Maybe that's it. Maybe it's the fact that they can't enjoy playing games for fun. This is why I will never, regardless of how good I am, have been, or could get at FPS games or any other game type, play in any serious competitive gaming arena. I don't think I can tolerate the whining for long enough to get through a match.

As far as games getting "more scrubby", whatever the hell that means. I suppose you are referring to the games becoming more mainstream and getting targeted at wider audiences. Essentially, consoleitis. I don't like most of it either but the fact is that wider product appeal equals more sales. That's the simple fact of how things work in a capitalist economy. The hardcore are a small niche. They always have been and always will be. Frankly the general public couldn't give two squirts of piss about what the "pros" want. As a result, developers don't either. If they throw the hardcore players a bone it's because they had time in the development cycle to do so or figured they'd try and squelch some of the bitching by throwing them a bone.

Last edited:
Dan, you are a reviewer on a site where Kyle went off at Crytek and caused a bitch fest about Crysis, you long ago lost the ability to complain about elitism or insults. Your site became the problem with bad gameplay and glorification of GFX and bad skills, well, before that, but that cemented it. You can either kindly shut the fuck up, and go back to crying about the latest engine not using dx11 and making tri SLI cry.... or you can all take a humbling lesson about good gameplay and quality games. However, I don't think that will happen.

As for a life, dunno. Downtown DC is expensive, and 200 bucks starting price for a steak and shrip with wine ain't cheap either. But lobbying is good and women are easy. What's your point here? Going to go shoot some more HDDs with a high powered gun in hick land? That's life ain't it! Sure that get's the women, most who aren't ugly and fat realize owning a gun is making up for well, having a small caliber in your pants.

And I call it PC itis, PC's have fucked it all up. Auto saves, highlighted items, all the lower level idiotic crap I hated in PC games is now... on consoles, PC's fucking fucked it all up with their noobish shit. But as always, you'll probably give it a pass if it can tax SLI, cause hello hardware! I pray the PC plauged of farmville doesn't do more damage to quality games than the PC already has. Though I'm sure you'll cheer it if it means SLI or bust, and if it doesn't Kyle will cry and pull another public bitch fest. Such are PC gamers, err demo runners, from Texas with big guns and bad hair lines.

And I'm not a pro, never said I was, I'm just not well, bad at fighting games. And I'm pointing out to you "PC is for hardcore gamers" you guys aren't even gamers at all, fuck my 8 year nephew can pull combos like that off, you are just bad at games and care about GFX. And think that running things at higher res, while playing worse than an 8 year old, makes you a gamer, it doesn't, it means you wasted a ton of cash.

EDIT, you guys would probably felate him though, he has a quad SLI rig, my old one, cause that's [H], gaming skills here are (s) small and fucking soft, probably limp as well.

Dan, you are a reviewer on a site where Kyle went off at Crytek and caused a bitch fest about Crysis, you long ago lost the ability to complain about elitism or insults. Your site became the problem with bad gameplay and glorification of GFX and bad skills, well, before that, but that cemented it. You can either kindly shut the fuck up, and go back to crying about the latest engine not using dx11 and making tri SLI cry.... or you can all take a humbling lesson about good gameplay and quality games. However, I don't think that will happen.

As for a life, dunno. Downtown DC is expensive, and 200 bucks starting price for a steak and shrip with wine ain't cheap either. But lobbying is good and women are easy. What's your point here? Going to go shoot some more HDDs with a high powered gun in hick land? That's life ain't it! Sure that get's the women, most who aren't ugly and fat realize owning a gun is making up for well, having a small caliber in your pants.

And I call it PC itis, PC's have fucked it all up. Auto saves, highlighted items, all the lower level idiotic crap I hated in PC games is now... on consoles, PC's fucking fucked it all up with their noobish shit. But as always, you'll probably give it a pass if it can tax SLI, cause hello hardware! I pray the PC plauged of farmville doesn't do more damage to quality games than the PC already has. Though I'm sure you'll cheer it if it means SLI or bust, and if it doesn't Kyle will cry and pull another public bitch fest. Such are PC gamers, err demo runners, from Texas with big guns and bad hair lines.

And I'm not a pro, never said I was, I'm just not well, bad at fighting games. And I'm pointing out to you "PC is for hardcore gamers" you guys aren't even gamers at all, fuck my 8 year nephew can pull combos like that off, you are just bad at games and care about GFX. And think that running things at higher res, while playing worse than an 8 year old, makes you a gamer, it doesn't, it means you wasted a ton of cash.

First off, Kyle is Kyle and therefore not me. Whatever he chooses to do with his site is his prerogative. This does not extend to everyone else on the forum. This includes you and even me. As for the games themselves, I've said nothing about graphics and PC gaming. I've just been talking about playing Mortal Kombat. A game I happen to enjoy. And sure, I can pull of combos in fighting games. So what? I'm not going to sit here and insult people who aren't hardcore enough or just can't do them. I'm not going to say to anyone, even my girlfriend who is absolutely terrible at this type of game, that she shouldn't play it because she sucks at fighting games. She turns the difficulty down to easy on most games. She plays them, and has a great time doing it. So what? I don't insult her for it just because I can pwn her at probably every game out there.

If you hate PC gaming so much, why the hell are you posting on a PC centric forum with emphasis on hardware and computer gaming? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

As for the noobish shit, I hate to tell you this, autosaves have been around on both consoles and PC's for over a decade. They are however still more prevalent on console games than on PC games. I've been playing both since I was first able to hold a joy stick and I remember checkpoint style saves on consoles being the standard before appearing regularly on PC games. Nice try but Far Cry was the first mainstream FPS game I can think of that did things that way. At that time you normally had to save manually with a quick save button or through the menus. Highlighted items you say? That's been around on both forever as I recall. When PC gamer's talk about noob'ish crap, we are talking about the slow ass controls, auto-aiming, huge hit boxes and lowered enemy weapon damage which compensates for the slow controls of a console. That's where the noobtard stuff comes into play. In fighting games the platform doesn't matter. The same things can be done on both platforms. Racing games? Same deal. Only racing games for PC's mean that we get burdened with online features that don't work, sub-par performance and in 2011, no AA support. (Thanks again EA.) But yeah, go ahead with the PC's fucked up console gaming bit. I think the statements you've made speak for themselves and are laughable at best. Any remaining credibility you might have flew down range. Oh wait, time to get my huge gun........:D

Last edited:
s for the noobish shit, I hate to tell you this, autosaves have been around on both consoles and PC's for over a decade. They are however still more prevalent on console games than on PC games.

Funny that, I've seen them first on PC games a long while ago, and still don't see them on console games, perhaps you play bad games?

I've been playing both since I was first able to hold a joy stick and I remember checkpoint style saves on consoles being the standard before appearing regularly on PC games

PC games since DOS, and consoles since NES, all the bad shit started on the PC. We must have been playing different games I guess.

Highlighted items you say? That's been around on both forever as I recall.

Saw it first on the PC and then it plauged consoles, I get that PC is for the non gamers that care more about GFX than gameplay, it's always been that way, so get that crap off consoles. Don't noob up consoles.

That's where the noobtard stuff comes into play.

This entire thread has been PC noobs bitching about not being able to compete wihen thrown up against a mid level player, take that noob shit back to your SLI rig and deal with it.

In fighting games the platform doesn't matter. The same things can be done on both platforms.

I'd agree, but the fact is good gamers don't game on the PC, ever. They are arcade or bust, or at worse consoles offline. So if you aren't playing in those areas, you haven't fought anybody who is average or above in fighters. So claiming "it's not fair, I got juggled, fuck Marvel" is utterly insane. You ran into an AVERAGE skilled player, who had nothing better to do so decided to troll low skilled players for a joke online, and he, shocker, ran into the scrub of scrubs, the PC gamer, and hence why this thread was started. And I think you agree with me, since you played MK2 arcade and know all about 80% juggle combos off a single stupid move.

I can't agree with you at all. PC gamers aren't gamers? PC gamers are the worst gamers? They are the ones with all the noob shit? Whatever. I've been playing every form of video game available to me my whole life. Consoles, arcades, PCs, offline, online, it doesn't matter to me.

For real gamers it's arcade or bust? What arcades? There are a couple Dave & Buster's, and a handful of games at a few movie theaters around town. None of those have a single fighting game in them. We had a Gameworks in Grapevine Mills and arcades in every mall and each one of them has shut down and moved out. I'd know, I used to frequent just about all of them. Consoles and PC's killed the arcades a long time ago. I've not seen a decent arcade in 7 or 8 years at least.

I can't agree with you at all. PC gamers aren't gamers? PC gamers are the worst gamers? They are the ones with all the noob shit? Whatever. I've been playing every form of video game available to me my whole life. Consoles, arcades, PCs, offline, online, it doesn't matter to me.

For real gamers it's arcade or bust? What arcades? There are a couple Dave & Buster's, and a handful of games at a few movie theaters around town. None of those have a single fighting game in them. We had a Gameworks in Grapevine Mills and arcades in every mall and each one of them has shut down and moved out. I'd know, I used to frequent just about all of them. Consoles and PC's killed the arcades a long time ago. I've not seen a decent arcade in 7 or 8 years at least.

Take a flight to Asia or South America, they are doing just fine, or the ME, Kuwait has great arcades. And America is starting to be more and more meanlingless in game sales, that and we are full of idiots. My last trip to Japan I got great arcade matches each day.

Take a flight to Asia or South America, they are doing just fine, or the ME, Kuwait has great arcades. And America is starting to be more and more meanlingless in game sales, that and we are full of idiots. My last trip to Japan I got great arcade matches each day.

Then please go there and never return.

And I call it PC itis, PC's have fucked it all up. Auto saves, highlighted items, all the lower level idiotic crap I hated in PC games is now... on consoles, PC's fucking fucked it all up with their noobish shit.

Haha, YOU WHAT?

You have that completely backwards, I suspect you're just trolling, but in case you really are that naive let me explain.

PC games many years ago were actually good, we had things like quicksave, console games had stupid checkpoints and auto saving. You could tell because every now and again you'd get a console port on the PC and everyone would rail on it for being so utterly crap (with some minor exceptions). The multi-platform development kicked in and suddenly we have console games on the PC and we've almost completely lost quicksave and stuck with autosave and manual save if we're lucky.

PCs always have had deeper more complex game mechanics, there are a number of game franchises which started off as PC only and were very well accepted by the gaming community, but then later when sequels became multi-platform the PC inherited all of the gimped console bullshit like awkward control systems, save points, item highlighting, basically an all round easy mode, anything that was too complex or required skill was taken out. Some of the early series to suffer was Thief and Deus Ex both original PC titles later becoming dumbed down.

I pray the PC plauged of farmville doesn't do more damage to quality games than the PC already has.

Farmville has nothing to do with the PC, it's a browser based game not specific to any single platform.

And I'm not a pro, never said I was, I'm just not well, bad at fighting games. And I'm pointing out to you "PC is for hardcore gamers" you guys aren't even gamers at all, fuck my 8 year nephew can pull combos like that off, you are just bad at games and care about GFX.

Not all PC gamers care about graphics, the high end graphics segment is tiny compared to the mid range, take a look at any hardware survey and you'll see the high end video card market is like 5% of the user base :rolleyes:

And think that running things at higher res, while playing worse than an 8 year old, makes you a gamer, it doesn't, it means you wasted a ton of cash.

Cash is only wasted if you don't appreciate the gameplay experience for the money you paid, not everyone plays to win and so how bad/good you are at the game is irrelevant to some people.

Do you even know what an autosave is? Autosaves is the game automatically saving every time you enter a different room. How the heck could you claim to be a console gamer and not have a game that does that?

On the other hand, save points on PC games were either you going to a specific terminal ingame or to access the gamemenu. I first saw this behaviour on console games and the PC guys had a few not-so-nice words about console gamers (wuss being the least colorful). The closest thing we had at the time was the F5 quicksaves.

And by your continious references to the hardware, i don't think you even know what you're talking about. Why do you keep insisting that the minimum specs of PC games is a Quad Core I7 and tri-SLI?

And what lower level idiotic crap? Dude, ever heard of the term 'Consolitis'?

Last edited:
This thread has taken a funny turn. It went from juggles are stupid to PC's/Consoles are the taking a big shit on one another.
I think I'll just go back to playing SSF4 and being called cheap/exploitive every time I spinning piledriver someone.

Back