FHD2400 vs 2408WFP

sparksterz

Limp Gawd
Hi guys, I'm new here and just joined today so if there is a different thread that's discussed this already feel free to link me.

I'm in the market for a new main monitor. I've done a whole lot of looking around at monitors and have it stuck between 2, the FHD2400 and the 2408WFP.

I read someone's whole review on the 2408WFP and have a pretty good understanding of it. Though the FHD2400 seems to be a little more elusive as far as reviews go. They seem pretty similar to me but I have been unable to figure out whether the FHD2400 is a TN panel. I'm pretty sure it isn't but I'd like to check that.

As it stands I'm currently favoring the FHD2400 due to a cheaper price and similar features. One thing I would like to know is the scaling on this monitor, does it have 1:1 and or aspect like the 2408WFP? Colors don't matter too awful much to me in terms of being less accurate due to the fact that I'm partially colorblind so the loss of color and quicker response time is appealing to me. Is it possible for true 1080p off of this monitor as well?

Any links to lengthy reviews in general on the FHD2400 would be greatly appreciated as well as user opinions. I'm a college student so yes cost is of high importance to me.

Also I've heard some good things about the Hannspree HF289H but I can't find anything about it anywhere...has it been discontinued?

EDIT: I've found out some info but it doesn't have any DVI ports...If I want to run a blu ray disc off of my computer to the monitor through a DVI-I cable to a DVI HDMI convertor into the monitor would it be able to display? If not that'd be a deal breaker...

Also I've heard some good things about the Hannspree HF289H but I can't find anything about it anywhere...has it been discontinued?

Do you think it's contrast ratio of 800:1 is acceptable when viewing BD and playing PS3/X360 games?

Do you think it's contrast ratio of 800:1 is acceptable when viewing BD and playing PS3/X360 games?

I've always been told not to judge monitors solely off of contrast ratio as it's always been a good point to mislead consumers, plus is a 1000:1 that far off of a 800:1?

Right now I have a 700:1 next to a 500:1 and I'm honestly unable to tell too much of a difference but both of my backlights absolutely kill the picture when trying to watch movies on them. I've also never been able to get their colors right due to them being TN panels. So I had half wondered if I were using a different panel type if that contrast ratio would mater as much.

Do you feel it has a big impact?

You do have a good point though as I would honestly like a better picture over more real estate but I have a hard time resisting the urge of having a monitor that big at that cost. At least compared to the Acer AL2216W I'm running on which has back light bleed like it was a desirable feature.

The FHD2400 has a TN panel and it does have 1:1 pixel mapping and aspect scaling.

Oh lord really!? Thanks for the heads up I've been slowly churning through the official BenQ FP241W thread trying to figure out what's up with the 1:1 1080p display as the refurbished Benq retailer is selling that monitor for 349 plus it seems to be a great price for that monitor!

Yep I think I'm going to go with the Benq after reading about 100 pages of the official thread.

Even though it has issues with 1:1 pixel mapping it seems that many people still enjoy it. The fact that it's not a TN panel is a bonus for me and the ms lag is such that I will most likely not notice it too much. It seems if I have a variety of ways to hook up my inputs I will be able to get them to display properly under one mode eventually.

Back