FF7 Remake?

If I ever win the Lotto, Ill drop 20 mil for it lol. :)

We're gonna hold you to that :p. The more I think of it the more i prefer it not be a remake. I mean I beat ff7 like 4 times already (4th grade, 6th, 8th grade, and 10th) so I've sorta grown up with it and know every little twist and turn in the bloody thing I would probably be disappointed by a remake because they'd either just but nicer clothing on the same thing or add "new scenes" like Georgie Lucas with Han Shooting second or Hayden Christianson's ghost and piss fans off. I would much prefer they actually close the story seeing as we've had 10 years since it came out and Advent Children was a steaming pile of gimmicky gonowhere crap (in my opinion).

I'm going to break this down so FF7 fanboys can understand it. There are three groups of FF7 "fans"

1. The first group is the fan boy group who had never played an FF before FF7. This group would make fun of people who played the previous FF games because they were "gay RPG's". This group only played the game because it was 3D(sorta).

2. The second group is the OG FF players who know that FF 1, 2, and 3 are great games in their own with 3 being the best. The story and amount of playable characters in 3 is amazing, but nobody would play this game because it wasn't in 3D nor did it haev SUPER SAIYAN CHARACTERS KAMI YAMAMIAMIA MIAMIAAAA or some shit. The people who played the FF games prior to 7 were called "nerds" or "fags" for playing these games.

3. The third group is little kids who had never heard of FF before but picked up FF7 from the fanboy hype and the SUPER SAIYAN KAMIMAIMAIAYAAAA characters in the game. Let's not forget the big tit wonder that I'm sure led newly pubescent boys in to a frenzy of hormone driven feelings about the game.

Yeah, FF7 is a great game, but it doesn't deserve the hype!!! that it gets. I can assure you if FF3 had been in 3D with FMV strewn about that it would be the #1 game of all time.

Your grandfather probably thinks he's old school too because he didn't use a TV for entertainment. And his grandfather, etc. Everyone seems to be too busy looking for reasons to be better than the next person. Every year the 12 year old turns 13 and another 11 year old turns 12. It's a cycle.

My favorite FF's were 5, 7, 10 and Tactics. And 7 was not overhyped, it delivered on everything. And yes graphics was one. From the summon animation sequences, to the story, to full FMVs, it was groundbreaking for its time. Even little things like seeing your weapon graphic change when upgraded (And finally getting Ultima Weapon man) was amazing.

FF3, FF7, and FF Tactics were all excellent. The only prob I had with them was their stories were good but not great. Storywise they are not as good as PC RPGs though.

Personally, I would rather see a true sequel to FF Tactics than a FF7 remake. I know that turn-based strategy games are not all that exciting, but they can certainly do alot more graphics-wise with today's hardware. I think a new FF Tactics would be great.

Back