Few Cosmos WC Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
really? gonna look that bad? and the plastic on top is bad for air flow?

I have a 120.3 on the top of mine with no issue on airflow and acheiving great temps...... Regardless you will have to cut the top because for some reason CM desided not to make the pattern work for any radiators (just plain stupid IMHO).

pics032.jpg

pics030.jpg

pics044.jpg

Once you remove the plastic top on the case you can use a dremel to allow for the radiator to fit. Remember, the spacing for the holes will not allow a radiator to mount without cutting something. Just plain stupid enigineering if you ask me.

Once you remove the plastic top on the case you can use a dremel to allow for the radiator to fit. Remember, the spacing for the holes will not allow a radiator to mount without cutting something. Just plain stupid enigineering if you ask me.

This is why they are releasing a new version of the case in question.

This is why they are releasing a new version of the case in question.

Sad part is I will buy this case just so it is perfectly clean. Only down side is Thermochill rads will not fit.

I think he meant using a double or triple radiator without modifications on the new Cosmos Storm due to the spacing on those rads.

ok im confused to hell

the pump is working, I can see the fluid moving a bit in the rez, and when I turn it around(the rez) I Can see it pushing the water up, so there is good flow, the rad is not even warm to the touch, the air is flowing,

the only thing that is warm is the nb heatsinks(Formula SE) but the cpu block and rad are cool, but the cpu temps in coretemp are at 38-44(each core diff) so average 42 lets say, the second i turn orthos on, they all jump 15-20degrees C

So I'm guessing the CPU Block is not making good contact, I re-seated it 4 times now with the same result, first time was the worst, idle was 50+ and load was close to 70, I got better temps with my freezer 7 with pwm enabled to quiet.

there is a small sratch on the bottom of the block(came that way) would that have such a huge effect on the temps? or the seating?

I came up with an ok solution to this problem with the mounting :) It works well enough, the NB stays cool even though the cpu block isn't too great atm. I'll post pics in a bit!

when loaded core 0 and 1 are @ 59-65
core 2 and 3 are from 55-58

so I'm guessing my block or mounting mechanism is pooched, I Checked the distribution of the heat paste too, it looked good, so I'm confused I guess I'll rma the block with NCIX, lucky I got the advanced protection thingy ^^

You have a G0 Quad 6600 at 3.6 GHz, correct???
If you are using CoreTemp, those idle temps are about right. I have the same deal, except my Quad is at 3.1 (thats all I can get from my board) with VCore at 1.4V.....right now my idle is 33C after gaming for 1 hour and letting things come to a steady state.

I use an Apogee GTX on a dual Swiftech 120mm rad mounted outside the case,

Orthos is a killer for heat, that rise isnt unreasonable given the OC you have.
Game on your computer a while and check the cores, I bet they are not even at 40C. Orthos is unreasonably hard on the system.

Do you have air bubbles in your lines???? If so that can also cause unduly hot temps. Run the system with the top of the REServoir open for a while to let the air out and the temps will drop. Dont throw your CPU block against the wall just yet.

You have a G0 Quad 6600 at 3.6 GHz, correct???
If you are using CoreTemp, those idle temps are about right. I have the same deal, except my Quad is at 3.1 (thats all I can get from my board) with VCore at 1.4V.....right now my idle is 33C after gaming for 1 hour and letting things come to a steady state.

I use an Apogee GTX on a dual Swiftech 120mm rad mounted outside the case,

Orthos is a killer for heat, that rise isnt unreasonable given the OC you have.
Game on your computer a while and check the cores, I bet they are not even at 40C. Orthos is unreasonably hard on the system.

Do you have air bubbles in your lines???? If so that can also cause unduly hot temps. Run the system with the top of the REServoir open for a while to let the air out and the temps will drop. Dont throw your CPU block against the wall just yet.

I got better temps on air! ^^ (freezer 7) full load is like 55 with orthos. i did air it out for a while but it didn't do much, turned the sysem over and upside down etc got all of the air out ^^

Idle is 40-46 in windows :| so def something is not right

btw its only @ 3ghz now on stock volts :p lol

ok now I'm totaly baffled :|
I put my heatsink back in, and I'm getting 55deg idle temps? the heatsink is barely warm!!! >< arg

ok, i played again today >< same deal though, I did find that my motherboard is bending @ the cpu, so the heatsink and waterblock were probably not making good contact, how can i fix that? I put some insulation i used on my tec system a while back behind the socket, but it didn't do much. temps are still in the 40-50 @ stock speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back