Few Cosmos WC Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Will the cosmos fit a 120.3 up top? or just a 120.2?
2) the holes in the back for the tubing state 1/2" tubes will fit, is it ID or OD? I'm guessing the standard size is 1/2' OD?

thats all for now! Thx for any help in advance

1.) Not without cutting.

2.) Not sure. From the looks of mine I'd say OD.

1.) Not without cutting.

2.) Not sure. From the looks of mine I'd say OD.

thx looks like it's a double then, maybe a single too on the inside exhaust If I end up needing it, would the GT stealth double be enough for cpu / chipset?

thx looks like it's a double then, maybe a single too on the inside exhaust If I end up needing it, would the GT stealth double be enough for cpu / chipset?

I can't answer that question but there is a new version of the Cosmos coming out that is supposed to be able to take a 120.3 without cutting on the top. It should be out in the next few weeks.

Something to think about.

I can't answer that question but there is a new version of the Cosmos coming out that is supposed to be able to take a 120.3 without cutting on the top. It should be out in the next few weeks.

Something to think about.

too late! I already have the 1000 =( there is a 1010? i think that also has ESA? but everything else looks the same, is there anything you can say about the new cosmos? like when ^^

too late! I already have the 1000 =( there is a 1010? i think that also has ESA?

I'm not sure what they'll call that model. I too got my Cosmos recently, though I'm not using it for my main system. I'm back on my P190. In any case the Cosmos is what I have my server built into.

I'm not sure what they'll call that model. I too got my Cosmos recently, though I'm not using it for my main system. I'm back on my P190. In any case the Cosmos is what I have my server built into.

ahhh, can't wait to see it,a big bonus for me with the cosmos is that it's cheaper then alot of the "high end" cases of it's size.

as for Water Cooling, do you know the size of the OD on the fusion block on the Maximus Formula SE?

Are you opposed to mounting your radiator on the back, outside the case????
Then you can use any size you want.:D
Those Black Ice Rads look nice, but I use Swiftech and have been very satisfied.......In fact I have a 120.2 with a built in reservoir that is really nice.

Are you opposed to mounting your radiator on the back, outside the case????
Then you can use any size you want.:D
Those Black Ice Rads look nice, but I use Swiftech and have been very satisfied.......In fact I have a 120.2 with a built in reservoir that is really nice.

I would rather keep it on top of the case, not much space left under my desk for external mounting ^^ the swifty looks good, but I don't know how i would use that rez if it's mounted that way

ahhh, can't wait to see it,a big bonus for me with the cosmos is that it's cheaper then alot of the "high end" cases of it's size.

as for Water Cooling, do you know the size of the OD on the fusion block on the Maximus Formula SE?

3/8" I believe. If I still had it here I'd check for you for sure, but I think that's what it was. It was perfect for the 3/8" tubing from my Nautilus.

No sorry, it is 3/8" OD on the Maximus.

I meant to say the tubing would be 3/8 ID 1/2 OD, to fit onto the Maximus.
going with this too most likely
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=25018&vpn=DD_CPX1&manufacture=Danger Den
it looks the same as this, which is silent, so I'm guessing both are quiet since specs are the same
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=23668&vpn=1003&manufacture=D-Tek Customs

with an apogee GT

whole system should be under $150

that sound ok all together ?
cliffs
-GT Stealth 120.2
-Apogee GT
-500lph danger den dd-cpx1
used to cool
Q6600 and Maximus Formula SE

It's 3/8" OD on the Maximus Formula SE Fusion block. So 1/2" OD won't fit. Though I believe the board does come with adapters to transition to smaller tubing to fit the Maximus Formula's Fusion Block.

I'm confused

If the fusion block is 3/8" on the outside diameter, wouldn't it need tubing that is 3/8" On the inside diameter? 3/8" OD tubing would be too small wouldn't it?

it comes with a fair amount of adapters

I'm confused

If the fusion block is 3/8" on the outside diameter, wouldn't it need tubing that is 3/8" On the inside diameter? 3/8" OD tubing would be too small wouldn't it?

it comes with a fair amount of adapters

Yes. You've got it.

I'm not sure what they'll call that model.

It's called the Cosmos STORM or Cosmos S... there was actually a thread started under the Cases & Case Modding section with pictures from CES 2008 I believe as well as some general specs. Cosmos Storm Thread on [H]. It's expected to start selling some time in March at a possible retail price of $250 to start.

It's called the Cosmos STORM or Cosmos S... there was actually a thread started under the Cases & Case Modding section with pictures from CES 2008 I believe as well as some general specs. Cosmos Storm Thread on [H]. It's expected to start selling some time in March at a possible retail price of $250 to start.

Right. I knew that much, but couldn't remember the name. That thread is how I knew about it.

getting one of those one day!
:p
nevermind, I like the Cosmos 1000 better

Personally I wish they kept the Storm the same as the Cosmos but with the aluminum chassis and the 3 x 120mm up top (I like the Storm's top panel better as well without that plastic). I don't know if I am sold on the power switch yet since the on/off switching works off capacitance like on the Dell Monitor my boss uses. I am also not too excited about the side panels or the front either. Hmmmm, wonder if the front and side panels from a regular Cosmos would fit without modification???

Personally I wish they kept the Storm the same as the Cosmos but with the aluminum chassis and the 3 x 120mm up top (I like the Storm's top panel better as well without that plastic). I don't know if I am sold on the power switch yet since the on/off switching works off capacitance like on the Dell Monitor my boss uses. I am also not too excited about the side panels or the front either. Hmmmm, wonder if the front and side panels from a regular Cosmos would fit without modification???

What's different about the side panels?

I agree, cosmetically(pun!) the 1000 is more attractive, specially the front and side panels, i do like the colour though

this is whats going into my cosmos

thanks for the help

-GT Stealth 120.2
-Apogee GT
-500lph danger den dd-cpx1
used to cool
Q6600 3.6(ill push it more with w/cing) and Maximus Formula SE

What's different about the side panels?

The Cosmos storm uses a mesh insert similar to the ones used on the Stacker 830 and with a fan instead of a solid panel. I personally would prefer the solid panel or a nice window.

The Cosmos storm uses a mesh insert similar to the ones used on the Stacker 830 and with a fan instead of a solid panel. I personally would prefer the solid panel or a nice window.

I like the mesh better.

The mesh wouldn't be so bad if it was just flat instead of grooved. Hopefully they offer a solid side panel or one with a nice looking window design later on. If they do, it will probably be available anywhere but the US like the window for the 690.

1 more Q about the loop, I guess I want to put the chipset - > cpu? since the cpu will dump way more heat into the water?

1 more Q about the loop, I guess I want to put the chipset - > cpu? since the cpu will dump way more heat into the water?

That doesn't actually matter. The way water heats up the ordering of the loop doesn't really matter. I've tried this myself a number of ways and there were no differences.

That doesn't actually matter. The way water heats up the ordering of the loop doesn't really matter. I've tried this myself a number of ways and there were no differences.

Alright cool :)
I'm probably going to mount the pump on one of the EATX holes with a rubber washer for vibration, set all fans to low and weeeeeeee!

I just recenly got rid of my Cosmos. I had an MCR320 mounted at the top. The black shroud causes horrible temps, you have to cut the hell out of the top. Mount any rad on the outside

I just recenly got rid of my Cosmos. I had an MCR320 mounted at the top. The black shroud causes horrible temps, you have to cut the hell out of the top. Mount any rad on the outside

ahh thats the plan :) take the shroud off and slap the 120.2 on there, so a 120.3 wont fit there right? without modding anyway

if your going to take the black louvre(shroud) off, i recomend stripping the case down to the chasis and powdercoating or painting the top black or it really will look horrible.

thanks, the package is waiting at the purolator depot :p!

gonna be busy this weeeekend

Im going to experiment with the plastic shroud on, mounting inside, or off mounting outside, as long as the NB stays around or below 40deg and cpu too I'm happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back