ferrari 4000

Looks like turion will finally make a nice push into the market. Thanks for the link!

I am pretty sure this is the notebook I will be getting come September. The only thing I wish it would have is a SATA port, or a SATA port on the EzDock which connects via PCI express. Also too bad Seagates 160 7200rpm drives won't be out until 2006.

I still think by far the 9300 is the best gamming laptop out for the price. This thing is 600-700$ more, and the 9300 has a better screen, much better video card, and looks better. The 4000 has to much flash.

Vengance_01 said:
I still think by far the 9300 is the best gamming laptop out for the price. This thing is 600-700$ more, and the 9300 has a better screen, much better video card, and looks better. The 4000 has to much flash.

I agree, the only reason I would get ferrari 4000 over a inspiron 9300 is because of portability (it is physically smaller and lighter). Which is enough of a reason for me to get one.

On that note, if you are european you can get the Aspire 5020 series laptop (http://www.acer.co.uk/acereuro/page...roupCtxParam=0&dctx1=17&ctx1=UK&crc=651797557) for less money and it has about the same specs.

Vengance_01 said:

the 9300 is an EXCELENT laptop my coworker has it, he got it for 2400shipped with a 6800, it gets 7444 3d03 marks which is respectable for the price but the only downside to dell is there was so much useless software installed, it was taking 56 processes on first boot up, WTF is that? i wiped the laptop clean and now even with all HW specific apps like sound card config software, intel WIFI software, bluetooth etc it down to 26 processes and runs hella fast, also dell sets up their stupid laptops with a recovery partition formatted in FAT32, what the hell are you going to do if your laptop HDD dies? you have NO recovery cds or even driver CDs, dells support and recovery methods are lame at best. i would much rather get a laptop that comes with a REAL xp disc, something i PAID for

It has a carbon fiber top on it, but I am pretty sure it was never intended to to be red

klowngoblin said:
the 9300 is an EXCELENT laptop my coworker has it, he got it for 2400shipped with a 6800, it gets 7444 3d03 marks which is respectable for the price but the only downside to dell is there was so much useless software installed, it was taking 56 processes on first boot up, WTF is that? i wiped the laptop clean and now even with all HW specific apps like sound card config software, intel WIFI software, bluetooth etc it down to 26 processes and runs hella fast, also dell sets up their stupid laptops with a recovery partition formatted in FAT32, what the hell are you going to do if your laptop HDD dies? you have NO recovery cds or even driver CDs, dells support and recovery methods are lame at best. i would much rather get a laptop that comes with a REAL xp disc, something i PAID for
Wow 2400$, I only payed 1400$ for mine. 1.73,256+1GB from newegg, 6800, 17 LG Truelife,DVD burner. Anyways I agree but these are minor things. Also I was refering to people saying it was a better gaming laptop
:rolleyes: Even when O/Ced the 4000 can not beat the 9300 at stock. I pull in 9.5K in 03 with my 6800 :)

I agree it won't be the fastest one out there, but I wanted something I wouldn't mind carrying around all of the time, plus I need amd64 compatibility. I will let you know as soon as I get it. I am still trying to decide if I want to buy an mt-37 to get better battery life.

Ya this ture, but if thats the case, why not a get a 700M with huge battery and tons of speed. Really, where they put this laptop, it just feels out of place spec wise and price. But I will have to admit it is a very nice laptop with tons of power. Heck I was even thinking about one, but got the Dell instead.

Vengance_01 said:
Ya this ture, but if thats the case, why not a get a 700M with huge battery and tons of speed. Really, where they put this laptop, it just feels out of place spec wise and price. But I will have to admit it is a very nice laptop with tons of power. Heck I was even thinking about one, but got the Dell instead.
The Acer Ferrari series has always been this way. A bit overpriced. For me personally it just does not make much difference having a Ferrari paint job. For others it is a big selling point. To each their own. Its good to see Turion finally making it to market with a decent video card under the hood. While I would still buy Pentium-M for my laptop right now I think AMD needs to get this to market and learn from it. Having 64bit capability is nice too I suppose if you are into that type of thing.

Back