Fermi SLI pic?

Now THATS a softlaunch for ya! :D

First wooden screw fermi, then 1 picture of fermi running Unigine heaven demo. Now we have a picture of TWO fermis... :eek:

Nice cabinet though...

in the second link they drop a little hint.

All in all, if you belong to nV camp, January can't come soon enough. If you sit firmly in the AMD's Radeon camp, you'll be happy to know that AMD is also preparing an answer in the form of super-charged Radeon 5870

Its the first paragraph after the speculated comparison chart from the gtx 360, 380, and 5870

Can't wait.:D
Wonder how much they will cost???:eek::eek:

Isn't that guy holding his case kinda sideways or is it just me?

That case is awesome...wait what is the point of this picture again?

I wonder if those numbers will be correct? Almost a billion more transistors for the gtx 380, 50GB higher memory bandwidth over the 5870 and 1 TFLOP less single precision?

It says in the article what case it is. Its a Maingear Shift....the case itself is a Silverstone built to spec for Mainshift. Its based on the Raven.

http://www.maingear.com/custom/desktops/shift/

1_large.jpg

10_large.jpg

Last edited:
The case is not the FT02.

It's the Raven RV01 without the plastic exterior and bottom PSU bay.

To keep green fanboys from turning red.

Leaks aren't stopping me, there simply aren't any 5970s to buy right now. That's what's stopping me. If these cards were easy to find I would have bought one by now since it's not going to be spring before we see Fermi.

Well I'll believe it when I see it. Maybe it will be a badass card? Who knows, who cares. For now, I'm enjoying a 5870.

Well I'll believe it when I see it. Maybe it will be a badass card? Who knows, who cares. For now, I'm enjoying a 5870.

+1
Im loving my 5870, but if Fermi pans out, and is all its supposed to be, I know Ill be getting one..:)

And when his financial situation takes an unexpected downturn, we can buy them for 25-50% off in For Sale / Trade. ;)

Buy $400 card.
Two months later buy new $400 card.
Being all grown up with a job has its advantages....

If he has the money to burn why not?
Not really to burn,my old stuff gets handed down.
I have a teenage son that would get the 5870...right now he is running a 260 SLI set up...wanna guess where that came from..:D

you guys are missing the whole point, look at the smile on the man’s face, it clearly says, THE RED CAMP IS GOING DOWN!!!

you guys are missing the whole point, look at the smile on the man’s face, it clearly says, THE RED CAMP IS GOING DOWN!!!

Are you kidding......he gets paid to smile like that.......

He could be thinking......"yeah the case is nice.....too bad the GPUs are steaming piles of shit....and don't even work yet........I should start looking for a new job.....:eek:"

Like I said......I love my 5870s, but if the Fermi or GTX 380 or whatever its called is better......I'm there......for 2 of 'em.

Back