Female Teenage Overwatch Pro Forced To Prove She Isn’t Cheating

It appears like she's an excellent teammate in a teamplay game. This is something completely unrealized by most players, so of course they think she's cheating.

I play as Soldier 76 and have been accused of cheating with an aimbot. I'd probably have better stats if I was cheating, lol.
overwatch-zepher-soldier-stats.jpg

Ive encountered 2 people that I believed were cheating. Both were using a sniper character and it was pretty obvious. That said, the game is pretty easy overall. Do not understand how people suck so bad.

Ive encountered 2 people that I believed were cheating. Both were using a sniper character and it was pretty obvious. That said, the game is pretty easy overall. Do not understand how people suck so bad.

the hitboxes on the head are very very large, so it's easy to headshot someone with Hanzo or Widowmaker. you can be behind a wall and not seen and still get headshotted.

I think they are about this large
overwatch-hitbox.jpg

Last edited:
Except that 99% of the time when you suspect someone is cheating, its because they are.

Pro level players are also NOTORIOUS for using various cheats, so they absolutely need to police that. Otherwise it ruins the "wow" factor, when your immediate assumption is that its just another cheater instead of someone skilled.

And I don't even mind drug cheating, like taking caffeine and adderall to increase reaction times (which they all do anyway), I'm fine with that, just not electronic cheating.

I'm sorry but I don't agree at all.

Now I know there are cheaters, and I know there are cheaters in pro sports. But I remember in the day I used to own in Delta Force and later in GRAW2 and get called a cheat. There is no better compliment then to be an honest player and be called a cheat. So I can't put any stock in the 99% part of your statement. I just don't think it's got any basis in fact.

I'm not sure why the article had to mention or focus on the fact that this person just so happens to play Overwatch....

/Triggered

Apparently this is news because she is a female...guys playing at that level get accused of cheating all the damn time and have to prove otherwise. Especially in the genre like FPS where cheating is EXTREMELY prolific. Seems like another case of certain groups wanting to pretend she is somehow exempt from the rules and being treated differently when she isn't.

That is one of the hardest characters to play in the game because of how you have to manage your shields and dmg - I don't know if the video was sped up buy that was an insane level of play - I don't think she died once. Things must be pretty serious is she needs a mask and their are death threats...damn they take their gaming seriously :) -

^ Ew! Dude! Wait, does she have barnacles on her arms? I thought only ocean whales got that, not land whales.
That is one of the hardest characters to play in the game because of how you have to manage your shields and dmg - I don't know if the video was sped up buy that was an insane level of play - I don't think she died once. Things must be pretty serious is she needs a mask and their are death threats...damn they take their gaming seriously :) -
My guess is that money is involved, with big bets on the players.

Lose $2000 in a gambling bet when you think the player cheated, and people will flip the hell out.

lol I guess I would be mad if I lost money -

That was the biggest thing I could think of to represent the spamzo hit box...I hate Spamzo...nothing pisses me off more than watching the kill cam and see strafe shoot strafe shoot dead......never seeing the player even target me. That and he can fire his ultimate into a wall and it will cross map and kill everything....he needs crushed with a giant nerf bat as does Junkrat...

So who exactly is saying that she's cheating? Because the video just looks to be game play. Be careful you aren't being duped into believing something that isn't happening.

Other pros she played with apparently.. I think that video is her evidence, so of course you should be able to see that she isn't. I'm guessing normally, she doesn't have her cam from 6 feet behind her.

Or, ya know, maybe because she's received death threats.

The sorry thing about this is that death threats seem to be the default go-to thing for trolls to say to people, when 99.9999% of the time its complete bullshit.

I play a lot of Overwatch and I don't really see what she was doing that would make you think she was cheating. She has a dedicated healer on her and Zarya can shield herself so killing her may be nearly impossible. For those who don't know the game or the hero. Zarya can shield herself or allies and whatever damage is absorbed increases her damage the (0-100) under her cross-hair is power. She does an insane amount of damage if people focus her while the shield is up.

The only thing I can see that might look like cheating when playing against her is the twitch movements. I was having a hard time focusing on what she was actually targeting at times. It may look like an aim bot to some. But with Zarya's right click being an arc projectile, an aim bot would be useless

That's just it. Having a pocket healer is totally legit in the game, so i don't see how these people claiming she was a no-name coming out of anywhere to be #7 or #8 worldwide and claiming she is a cheater and getting beat should just leave the game otherwise. You can see her movements and hand/eye coordination are pretty spot on. Aimbot? Please.

Something tells me that the cheating accusations is more to do with the highest KDA/Winrate total she has and less because she's a girl..

that said I have no fucking clue what the hell KDA means, and I really do not get how people get this fucking upset over a game, you'd think any tournament would be monitored for cheating anyways.

I can only thing Kill Death (something)

I can get people getting upset over it...... if they're pro, and they play it. I mean, have you seen how upset people get over football/football? Hell, you get people ready to kill and flip over cars, riots and stupidly crazy shit. Well, I say I can get it... but not really, I don't think I've ever invested myself into any specific thing that much. Oh, and money.

The complaints the other "pros" (who I've never actually seen named so who knows how relevant they are) made were regarding her high average charge amount throughout the game, since she apparently maintains a very high percentage throughout every match. Not sure what kind of hack they even suspected but it looks like regular Zarya play to me, and she's very on the ball with her shields.

They got named today, having embarrassed themselves so badly that they have voluntarily left Overwatch forever.

Something tells me that the cheating accusations is more to do with the highest KDA/Winrate total she has and less because she's a girl..

that said I have no fucking clue what the hell KDA means, and I really do not get how people get this fucking upset over a game, you'd think any tournament would be monitored for cheating anyways.
Well in Dota, KDA would be Kills, Deaths, and Assists. Here, it appears to be Kill/Death Average.

Back