• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Feedback!

ern

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 7, 2006
Messages
160
I have some feedback coming from my speakers and headphones. I have a GIGABYTE GA-MA770-DS3 motherboard and I'm using a mini to rca that goes to my Gizmo. My headphones do the same thing. Its like a high pitch screeching/squealing. When I'm not playing any music you can hear it coming from the speakers and its annoying. I want to clean up my sound. I have no idea if optical out does it as the gizmo only has rca inputs.

Anyone have any idea on how to clean it up?

Also, when I open programs or do anything that makes the computer think, it will stop temporarily and then continue after the program loads.
 
A Gizmo is an amp made by Tweak City Audio. I have my elt 525 monitors hooked up to it.
 
Sounds like a possible source issue or a bad connection. Do you have anything like an iPod that you could try to hook it up to instead, or a different cable to try? Also make sure your speaker wire is hooked up securely.
 
Ya I hooked up a pair of pc speakers and it does the same thing. It does it with the front audio jacks and the rear as well.
 
Well, if two different pairs of speakers do it on the same source, either:

1) Your source is causing it
2) Some other common factor is causing it (power, reused cables)
3) All speakers in the world are bad
4) You have one hell of a coincidence

I'm going with #1 barring more information. Really, is there anything else you could use for a source to confirm - mp3 players, game consoles, TVs, a laptop...anything?
 
Something is causing it but I have no idea what it might be. I may have to try a sound card or the optical out.
 
Back
Top