Feedback required, i will pay you to help me

2gigs

[H]ard|Gawd
while my mom goes ahead and chrochets for epople, and sells hger work, i know the pics suck, if you can find 1 bug, or any imporvements, i would appriciate that becuase i also am considering submitting this for a school project, web design for noobs basicially

i will pay whoever can help me a few bucks

www.ryanswackyworld.com

sorry its that doamin, i need to get a new one, please post in here bugs or anyhting if you cvould, or pm me

im gonna get a new dmian

To be honest, that page looks like its from 1995. Not even sure where to start. If you're aiming for this site to actually sell those products, separate the products into their own pages and give them descriptions and prices. Make the navigation bar consistent over all pages. And make the navbar something a bit fancier than standard links. Anyway, bring it into this century a bit and you'll be better off. :)

jpmkm said:
To be honest, that page looks like its from 1995. Not even sure where to start. If you're aiming for this site to actually sell those products, separate the products into their own pages and give them descriptions and prices. Make the navigation bar consistent over all pages. And make the navbar something a bit fancier than standard links. Anyway, bring it into this century a bit and you'll be better off. :)
yeah, that

If you want to check for bugs, go to the W3C website and run it through their standards check and see what sort of errors come up. Also, yes, that page looks WAY outdated and sloppy. Might be ok for maybe a middle school beginners HTML course though if that's what you're using it for.

1. Your website looks like crap reminiscent of Geocities. While this is okay for personal pages, you are selling something, and thus, need a professional looking page. Yes, the style and layout shouldn't matter, but many potential buyers have come to expect eye candy from commercial sites. This needs to be fixed.

2. The pages are laden with empty paragraphs and DIVs. Remove these, they only clutter up the code.

3. The presentation of information is poorly executed. Products, prices, and pictures should not be seperated into seperate pages. Potential customers should be able to see all three on one screen. Detailed descriptions are not present.

4. When listing products, you have included poorly sized images. In a general product listing, use smaller images (even if not typical "thumbnail" size), linked to larger images. Not only does this improve clarity, but makes navigation easier for anyone not on a fast connection.

5. Your variable price ranges leave too much open to assumption. If you are going to list variable price ranges for custom work, be sure to include in the description what factors will influence final price. Many potential customers will simply find another merchant rather than deal with waiting for an E-Mail reply to simply ballpark a price. If possible, eliminate variable ranges by breaking each product with a range into seperate products with fixed prices.

6. Avoid featuring a single product prominently on the root page, unless that is your best selling product by a large margin, or part of a currently running price special. Featuring one product over others, without good reason, removes the emphasis from your line of products, and focuses it on a specific product instead.

7. The site leaves much to be desired in the form of information. To improve sales, include information which answers the following questions:
  • How long have you been doing what you do? (if this is one of your strengths)
  • What are your shipping policies and charges? How do you ship?
  • What payment methods do you accept?
  • What is your return policy?
  • What is your deposit policy for custom orders?
  • What is the typical wait for a custom item? If the wait varies excessively from item to item, break it down by individual item.

8. Your images are fine for personal use, but ill-suited for commercial use. When picturing products, either picture the product by itself against a neutral background, or picture the product in typical use. All the clutter in the current images distracts potential customers from the product itself.

9. Your E-Mail address is in plaintext. Unless you happen to like spam, obfuscate it using Javascript, an image (instead of text), or switch to a Formmail solution entirely.

10. Your site does not have enough descriptive text to tell a potential customer, let alone a search engine, what you do and what you offer. I won't get into SEO here, but you at least need something for contextual relevancy.

11. Do you sell on any auction sites? If so, create a page listing current auctions.

12. Your site looks as if it was built in five minutes. Regardless of whether you built it in five minutes or five weeks, many potential customers will see it as having been built in five minutes. In the subconscious mind of a potential customer, a five minute site reflects poorly on the site's owner, and the products offered. Whether they are willing to admit it or not, most potential customers equate a poorly and hastily constructed site with a poorly and hastily constructed product.

13. Your images are all of varied sizes, with no apparent rhyme or reason to the sizing. Standardize image sizes to help clean up the appearance.

14. Spacing is erratic, and should be standardized to improve the visual presentation.

Back