Feedback on monitor

Dashboard

Limp Gawd
Hello forum gods!

I'm turning to you for some inputs on a choice I might make.

I currently have an old Samsung monitor (23" I think. 16:10 1680X1050 resolution, no HDMI) and it randomly turns off at times. Sometimes doesn't turn off, sometimes does for 5 seconds, sometimes 20. It's very random and not always a big deal (it is funny sometimes in BF3 when I'm piloting tho :p) I'd keep the monitor as a second display for my other PC (right now both of my computers are hooked on the monitor and I switch inputs. I would have a monitor for my "old" pc to play D3 with friends over.

I'm thinking about upgrading to a 27" monitor (also would need to upgrade my 6770 and PSU to have the good FPS at 1080). I came upon this monitor on sale at FS (I also have a 50$ gift card there).

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=9f755ce2b74fe3cf93ab270ad03cbb81en02

Should I pass on this monitor and just get the new IPS ones (I discovered this last night browsing these forums). I don't have an unlimited budget since I will also have to upgrade my GPU/PSU :(

I can't find any review for this specific monitor online or anything.

Thanks.

That monitor is 1920x1080, which is kind of lo-res for a 27" unless your eyes are going bad. I'd stay at 24" max for 1920x. Or for similar $ you can get one of the eBay Korean 27" models @2560x1440. I love the HP zr2740w, but obviously that is a higher price point.

Thanks for the input. I think I will give it a thought then.

I'll keep my old monitor for now until more interesting things come :p

Back