Fedora 7

Charlie_D

Gawd
Mirrors and torrents, yay! A lot of the mirrors seem jammed, but the torrents are cruising along nicely.

I love the release time of year ;)

Charlie

Yup had it installed since this morning :D

While I am a gentoo-head for main desktop, I do use Fedora for my server (tried debian, just doesn't agree with me :()

installed ok first in VirtualBox (nice new art, balloon theme for things)
upgraded fine on two machines (from FedoraCore6), some issues with some overlays causing YUM to fail (fixed by moving the *.repo file), but yumex still not liking it??
installed fine from scratch on a third machine, no issues

?
clarify pls? if it is what I think it is then sweet

basically this version of xorg should work without an xorg.conf and startup fine. I dunno if this is 100% true, (heard it only works with opensource drivers), but basically xorg should autodetect, and I think it makes it easier if you plug in a projector for example in linux.

which version did you guys download? I got the fedora7-kde-live image and it booted to a X desktop that has/does nothing.....all I can do is move my mouse cursor around.

I downloaded through the torrent, got the dvd and rescue cd, problem is I dont get a dvd drive on the pc I would install it in :( Just a slim chance but can you do an internet install from the rescue cd?

Withdrawl over the weekend... but anyway,fresh install on the laptop (didn't have anything important there that wasn't already archived), and an upgrade on the other three systems. Aside from a few minor bugs (pam_keyring not working properly atm, for one), everything's been pretty painless.

I even kind of like the echo icon theme :)

EDIT: Didn't download the rescue CD, but I can grab it and give it a go on a spare box if you'd like. You should be able to install from the live CD as well

Charlie

basically this version of xorg should work without an xorg.conf and startup fine. I dunno if this is 100% true, (heard it only works with opensource drivers), but basically xorg should autodetect, and I think it makes it easier if you plug in a projector for example in linux.

yup was playing with it on work lappy today and that is true. HOWEVER.. that lappy has an intel chip and widescreen display and it doesn't quite work. All other displays really easy

Back