FEAR2 WTF?

Everyone is bitching about consolitis and have been whining more and more over the last year or so. You have to think about it like this. If it comes out on PC first, then later console ports are scheduled to appear, you can probably bet it will not be influenced by the console bug. However if the game is coming out simultaneously on all platforms, you have to know its going to be built primarily for consoles while just using the PC to get as much extra cash as it can. Anyone over the age of 13 with half a cup of common sense should know this...

I'm sure most of us do realize that, and I think thats what many of us are complaining about:p

Its the fact that they build these games for console, and port it over to PC, some does a good job but others couldn't give a crap about even trying to make a proper PC version. I'm sure many PC gamers would felt like the PC gaming community is being sideline.

Of course one could probably come up with a list of reasons why it has to be the way it is, but it certainly doesn't meant that the PC gaming community have to just accept what is being done here. Its more than reasonable to expect these developers to put more effort on the PC counterpart too. Its not like they are charging us budget price or what. Games are still as costly as they were, but the same can't be said about the quality for many games lately

Anyone else out there that could care less about leaning?

I miss it a little bit at times but overall I found that after about 5 minutes or so into the game I just got over it and really haven't looked back since.

If it were there I'd use it every so often but it's not the end of the world for me by any means.

I'm sure most of us do realize that, and I think thats what many of us are complaining about:p

Its the fact that they build these games for console, and port it over to PC, some does a good job but others couldn't give a crap about even trying to make a proper PC version. I'm sure many PC gamers would felt like the PC gaming community is being sideline.

Of course one could probably come up with a list of reasons why it has to be the way it is, but it certainly doesn't meant that the PC gaming community have to just accept what is being done here. Its more than reasonable to expect these developers to put more effort on the PC counterpart too. Its not like they are charging us budget price or what. Games are still as costly as they were, but the same can't be said about the quality for many games lately

+1

No lean? WTF? Are you serious? I think I'm going to blame this on Steam. I'm not sure why, really, except FEAR had leaning and now that FEAR 2 is a Steam game they don't. So that's who I'm going to blame. This is a travesty.

If you want to blame anything, blame the developer. It seems they focused more on making a console game with just an afterthought of it being a PC game.

That was one thing I was really disappointed with when I played the demo.

The motion blur is a bit much, too.

I'm still up in the air as to whether I'm going to bother buying this game or not.

The consolitis of this game is ridiculous.

Checkpoint saving. No lean. Weapon select is for consoles. Instead of pressing a number or key for types of grenades, you get a picture that you have to scroll around or click with your mouse like you were using a controller. AI is stupid and difficulty is set for consoles that don't intend for you to be able to headshot everybody with precision and speed with a mouse.

The consolitis of this game is ridiculous.

Checkpoint saving. No lean. Weapon select is for consoles. Instead of pressing a number or key for types of grenades, you get a picture that you have to scroll around or click with your mouse like you were using a controller. AI is stupid and difficulty is set for consoles that don't intend for you to be able to headshot everybody with precision and speed with a mouse.

QFT

what a waste of money :eek:

Why would you bother waiting... Just replay F.E.A.R it´s a lot better then F.E.A.R 2

I still don't understand what all the fuss is about the lean and the saves. If you have played the game, you know it auto saves like every few minutes, especially before and after an encounter. I'm on my third run through of the game and I'm still finding it very enjoyable. I mean, damn people, if you really hate this game that much, you are not going to be to happy with whats coming out in the future. You may as well give up gaming and move on to another hobby.

I still don't understand what all the fuss is about the lean and the saves. If you have played the game, you know it auto saves like every few minutes, especially before and after an encounter. I'm on my third run through of the game and I'm still finding it very enjoyable. I mean, damn people, if you really hate this game that much, you are not going to be to happy with whats coming out in the future. You may as well give up gaming and move on to another hobby.

let say you buy a car, a car model that you like, but sometimes when you push the gas pedal, the car doesn't accelerate like it should, then you would say "i don't like my car" and I would say "but your car get you from A to B, that's what you bought for in ther first place" if you don't like it just give up driving and take the freakin' bus!!

And dude it's not like that!
we are consumers, and we deserve a little respect, those companies are making profit from our hard earned money, the least you could expect is to put some "qualities" that appeal to the people they are marketing and selling it to. But the thing is that they target is the consoles not the PC, and they treat us PC gamers as second class, they get the bread, we get the crumbs, that is what angry us :mad:

let say you buy a car, a car model that you like, but sometimes when you push the gas pedal, the car doesn't accelerate like it should, then you would say "i don't like my car" and I would say "but your car get you from A to B, that's what you bought for in ther first place" if you don't like it just give up driving and take the freakin' bus!!

And dude it's not like that!
we are consumers, and we deserve a little respect, those companies are making profit from our hard earned money, the least you could expect is to put some "qualities" that appeal to the people they are marketing and selling it to. But the thing is that they target is the consoles not the PC, and they treat us PC gamers as second class, they get the bread, we get the crumbs, that is what angry us :mad:

Actually I would take it to the shop and have it fixed.

Believe me, I do understand about consumers wanting quality games and there are alot of them out there to choose from for the PC. Personally, I think FEAR and FEAR 2 are both quality titles. Its mindless killing and some decent scares/thrills. Fact is, gaming is evolving into something more mainstream than it ever was. Its the nature of consumerism. Once a market has been established, consumers will dictate the direction of said market by using their wallets. Apparently, a shit load of people decided this was a great game and bought it.

The way I see it, if you don't like the game, either don't buy it or build a better one.

Nice another FEAR2 rant thread!!

No matter how many threads we come up with regarding the steaming pile of poo FEAR2 was in comparison to its predecessor, the Devs will never hear us :(

I returned that game very quickly. Sad too. I was looking for a FEAR revival...

Indeed, it is simple go to your mechanic.
In my case i should be the same thing, tell the developer to release a patch to cover this issues. But good luck in making them hear you

Indeed, it is simple go to your mechanic.
In my case i should be the same thing, tell the developer to release a patch to cover this issues. But good luck in making them hear you

Actually, they just released a patch yesterday that addresses most of everyone's complaints. Head bob, film grain, difficulty. All of that was fixed. The only thing they did not add was a lean function. Seems like they listened pretty well.

Lean? Seriously, an entire thread about leaning? You must have run out of stuff to bitch about.
I never use lean. Never. Never found a need for it. Don't care if it's there. It's such a non issue.

Lean? Seriously, an entire thread about leaning? You must have run out of stuff to bitch about.
I never use lean. Never. Never found a need for it. Don't care if it's there. It's such a non issue.

+1

Some people get way to in to their video games...

Believe me, I do understand about consumers wanting quality games and there are alot of them out there to choose from for the PC. Personally, I think FEAR and FEAR 2 are both quality titles. Its mindless killing and some decent scares/thrills. Fact is, gaming is evolving into something more mainstream than it ever was. Its the nature of consumerism. Once a market has been established, consumers will dictate the direction of said market by using their wallets. Apparently, a shit load of people decided this was a great game and bought it.

The way I see it, if you don't like the game, either don't buy it or build a better one.

Too bad there is no shop to cure PC games of consolitis. Consumers are given less choice. A s*** load of people with no taste decided this was a great game based on hype and the fact that they are too stupid to realize how bad consolitis is. They have never had the experience to realize how good games can actually be and simply accept what the man tells them because this is s*** gaming shovelled to the masses for lowest common denominator gaming. Consumers aren't smart, the masses don't have taste. Those of us who have bigger imaginations and have grown up on PCs (or even past consoles) experiencing bigger and expecting better are ultimately not given a choice because crappy generic consolified scripted rail mindless shooters are a religion those those folks, and thus, an opiate to the masses. Look at the sales of the Halos and Killzone 2 and the fact that crap like Resistance is getting sequels and you have to shake your head. This is not good gaming. These are the very worst aspects of FPS as experienced by PC gamers 10 years ago translated to consoles where the idiot consumer masses think that it is latest and greatest thing...These stupid FPS conventions where you simply walk through scriped sequences blowing away hordes of enemies mindlessly. Sure there is a market for that but I never understood it. This is nothing but Quake/Doom/Call of Duty 1 rewrapped under a different label ad nauseum ad infinitum. Give us something different. Give us something better.

Too bad there is no shop to cure PC games of consolitis. Consumers are given less choice. A s*** load of people with no taste decided this was a great game based on hype and the fact that they are too stupid to realize how bad consolitis is. They have never had the experience to realize how good games can actually be and simply accept what the man tells them because this is s*** gaming shovelled to the masses for lowest common denominator gaming. Consumers aren't smart, the masses don't have taste. Those of us who have bigger imaginations and have grown up on PCs (or even past consoles) experiencing bigger and expecting better are ultimately not given a choice because crappy generic consolified scripted rail mindless shooters are a religion those those folks, and thus, an opiate to the masses. Look at the sales of the Halos and Killzone 2 and the fact that crap like Resistance is getting sequels and you have to shake your head. This is not good gaming. These are the very worst aspects of FPS as experienced by PC gamers 10 years ago translated to consoles where the idiot consumer masses think that it is latest and greatest thing...These stupid FPS conventions where you simply walk through scriped sequences blowing away hordes of enemies mindlessly. Sure there is a market for that but I never understood it. This is nothing but Quake/Doom/Call of Duty 1 rewrapped under a different label ad nauseum ad infinitum. Give us something different. Give us something better.

QFT!!!!

+1
Some people get way to in to their video games...

it's not the whether you can lean in the game or not
it´s about principles and also about the right to get a good freakin' game for your hard earned cash, i dunno about you but my mommy doesn't buy me PC games :rolleyes:

She buys me Barbie dolls though, she's quite a collector ;) :p
i keep telling her to buy me Hello Kitty stuff, but she just won't budge :(

Console gamers are like people who have only eaten McDonald's hamburgers their entire lives. Consolified games are cheap for developers to make and then they sell a s*itload and it's easy money. It doesn't mean that it's actually good or that you would want to keep eating it over and over and over again (which is the case with almost all console FPS, they are all the same mold). They have no idea what better things taste like and just keep accepting junk food shoveled in front of them and overhyped by marketing, the internet, gaming stores, their friends, entire console scene, etc.

PC gamers have had this through the years but they've also tasted filet mignon every now and then. Why would you want to keep eating garbage hamburgers (even though they might be tasty for a light snack or some cheap fun every now and then) when we've tasted steak?

Yes. Leaning is pretty important to me in a game like FEAR. The vast majority of the game takes place in an office building, basically. I want to use corners for cover. I want to lean out and see what's down the hall without having to walk all the way out around and fully expose myself to take a shot. I can play some games without lean. Far Cry 2 lacking lean doesn't bother me much. Since it's all pretty much open, it's not as useful.

But even if you don't use it, I don't see how you can appreciate them removing features from the first game when they developed the second.

[H]adouken;1033850995 said:
What? No it doesnt...

I was talking about the first one. I got so mad at the second one after I went to set up my controls that I never haven't even played it, yet.

Console gamers are like people who have only eaten McDonald's hamburgers their entire lives. Consolified games are cheap for developers to make and then they sell a s*itload and it's easy money. It doesn't mean that it's actually good or that you would want to keep eating it over and over and over again (which is the case with almost all console FPS, they are all the same mold). They have no idea what better things taste like and just keep accepting junk food shoveled in front of them and overhyped by marketing, the internet, gaming stores, their friends, entire console scene, etc.

PC gamers have had this through the years but they've also tasted filet mignon every now and then. Why would you want to keep eating garbage hamburgers (even though they might be tasty for a light snack or some cheap fun every now and then) when we've tasted steak?

QFT

Yes. Leaning is pretty important to me in a game like FEAR.

yeah it's nice to have the option, whether you use it or not, it always nice to have the option available to use. For example playing Rainbow Six Vegas without the lean wouldn't be the same, yes it´s a different experience

No lean? WTF? Are you serious? I think I'm going to blame this on Steam. I'm not sure why, really, except FEAR had leaning and now that FEAR 2 is a Steam game they don't. So that's who I'm going to blame. This is a travesty.
Lean was taken out because of the console version. The 360 version of the first FEAR mapped the lean functions to the D-pad, which made it really awkward to use. Actually, the amount of controls in the 1st FEAR made the console controller mapping fairly poor, and thus made the game exceedingly difficult. Even on the last level I was still throwing errand grenades by accident!

I am getting kinda sick of some game developers watering down their PC games so they can be played on the console. FEAR2 was still a fun game but really... Leave the console kiddies out of our picture.

I am so tired of console ports crapping on the PC version. I am hoping the poor reviews of Fear 2 on the PC side will have some kind of affect on game makers. I doupt it though.

Back