FEAR2 WTF?

mwin

2[H]4U
No lean? WTF? Are you serious? I think I'm going to blame this on Steam. I'm not sure why, really, except FEAR had leaning and now that FEAR 2 is a Steam game they don't. So that's who I'm going to blame. This is a travesty.

I don't think Steam have anything to do with this, they just distribute the game

Anyway, I do agree that its a little unfortunate that there's no lean, given that this game isn't exactly a fast pace run and gun type, Its hard to fight the enemy without getting shot at all the time

lol the game was made by warner brothers and not steam.. god why does everyone blame steam for everything.. WB bought the rights to the game.. it still follows the same game play style.. and im actually glad the leaning is gone.. pretty much every new game has it.. makes it just that much more challenging not having it in my opinion..

why blame steam?

the first place to blame should be console..

its a shitty ass console port game :S

even more funny part, NO MANUAL SAVE!!!

WTH? Another CONSOLE STYLE?

lock.gif

Although it is not mentioned in the bindings screen(s), this game does have the flying / sliding kicks. I typically rebind my keys but try several combinations of run/crouch/melee to invoke the slide.

Although I have enjoyed playing this game, I am disappointed that it has strayed so far from its predecessor. No lean, no save, fairly easy even on hard, consolized graphics and controls, makes this a one time play for me.

And I had such high hopes for MP.

Apart from the caps in the title, why would the thread be locked? I haven't played the game, but it seems like a genuine gripe to me.

While I do agree that the lack of lean is frustrating, it didn't detract from my enjoyment of the game. I knew better than to set my expectations way the fuck up there when they announced it was coming out for consoles at the same time.

Everyone is bitching about consolitis and have been whining more and more over the last year or so. You have to think about it like this. If it comes out on PC first, then later console ports are scheduled to appear, you can probably bet it will not be influenced by the console bug. However if the game is coming out simultaneously on all platforms, you have to know its going to be built primarily for consoles while just using the PC to get as much extra cash as it can. Anyone over the age of 13 with half a cup of common sense should know this...

why blame steam?

the first place to blame should be console..

its a shitty ass console port game :S

even more funny part, NO MANUAL SAVE!!!

WTH? Another CONSOLE STYLE?

yep they make FEAR 2 thinking in consoles not PCs :mad:
still i blame Steam too!! :p

It's funny how some people are blaming Steam for causing Empire: Total War crashing.

:rolleyes:

I was about to buy that game!!
Ah Steam :mad:
the way i see it, it's better and funnier to blame it on Steam than on Canada ;)

Why would they lock it? Because it insults Steam? Because it speaks the truth about F.E.A.R. 2?

I think the lack of lean is preposterous. Made it a bargain bin game for me. I could have dealt with almost anything else.

AND.........I loved the first F.E.A.R. I've played it literally dozens of times. One of the first games I install when I build a new machine.

It's a travesty I tell you. A travesty.

I didn't realize this was a simultaneous cross platform release. Blaming consoles probably makes more sense than blaming steam, then.

There's one reason I'm still a big fan of Infinity Ward; they're true to their roots. I believe they've even specifically stated they want to remain true to the PC gamers who put them on the map.

COD, and FEAR, was glorified because of PC gamers, period. The original COD was a huge hit and launched IW - without that game (a PC-only release), IW was just a new company with no real exposure. This isn't to say the game would have flopped as a console release instead of PC, but the point remains that IW got its fame/start from the PC platform and I'm glad they remain committed to giving PC gamers a solid product in the COD series. In fact, they even let other developers make the console-focused COD games.

FEAR shares the same quality in that the franchise was born on, and gained fame because of, the PC platform. The original game was built and played like a faithful PC FPS game and it was a big success. I'm not sure if others feel the same, but my main gripe with consolization is how these companies sell out and screw over the original fanbase that launched their company/franchise. It's a smack in the face to remember back to FEAR at its release (on PC only) and know that sometime after that Monolith decided, "Alright, that went well, but fuck them...it's time to make money now" and moved focus to the consoles.

For me this doesn't really apply to new games that begin on all platforms, but it really does irk me when a franchise/series begins on PC only to turn into a garbage port down the road.

Everything's Steam's fault..the economy failing, GWB not getting a 3rd term, Octomom pushing out 8 kids, Chris Brown beating his GF to a pulp, and Kurt Russels' cancer...and in 2012, it'll be Steam's fault that the world is going to blow up!!!!

lol the game was made by warner brothers and not steam.. god why does everyone blame steam for everything.. WB bought the rights to the game.. it still follows the same game play style.. and im actually glad the leaning is gone.. pretty much every new game has it.. makes it just that much more challenging not having it in my opinion..

Warner Bros bought Monolith, who did the actual "making". And it was Monolith who made the first game, so it's not like the lack of leaning is due to a change of developers. Personally I didn't miss the leaning either.

Everything's Steam's fault..the economy failing, GWB not getting a 3rd term, Octomom pushing out 8 kids, Chris Brown beating his GF to a pulp, and Kurt Russels' cancer...and in 2012, it'll be Steam's fault that the world is going to blow up!!!!

I knew it !!!! :eek: ;)

Not sure what the big deal is with the lean the other comments though are all valid.. stupid consoles

I found it a minor annoyance not having lean so I think of it as a new game entirely, different tactics apply and then Bam, its a cool game again :)

Why do people find it so tempting to post IBTL, it's like some competition or some sarcastic way to tell the OP that the thread is useless, yet bump the thread to keep it on the 1st page longer...silly.

Anyway I was dissapointed with the lack of lean, it may have made it too easy though, with lack of lean I tended to run between pieces of cover when shooting, with lean I would have just found a single area and stayed their in cover leaning out until everyone was dead picking people off with headshots, which is safer and easier, but less fun tbh

I didn't feel quite the same effect to get in peoples faces as I did with FEAR, I hardly used Melee at all, only when I found myself close and needing to reload.

Why do people find it so tempting to post IBTL, it's like some competition or some sarcastic way to tell the OP that the thread is useless, yet bump the thread to keep it on the 1st page longer...silly.

Anyway I was dissapointed with the lack of lean, it may have made it too easy though, with lack of lean I tended to run between pieces of cover when shooting, with lean I would have just found a single area and stayed their in cover leaning out until everyone was dead picking people off with headshots, which is safer and easier, but less fun tbh

I didn't feel quite the same effect to get in peoples faces as I did with FEAR, I hardly used Melee at all, only when I found myself close and needing to reload.

I miss lean but at the same time it was a camper's best friend in the first game. Melee is still incredibly lame and ultra powerful. A guy can come at you and take shots but if he touches you with his foot you are dead on the spot. It's been like that since the first game. Melee is more powerful than most of the guns!

I cant recall a game where "lean" was needed or necessary.
Even with games that have lean keys I never use them.

Maybe its because I pwn at ALL fps and other noobs need to lean them corners to kill.

hahah QQ

Back