Fear no H20 :)

AnubisPrime

Limp Gawd
Found those 160CFM Deltas for $4 at www.excess-solutions.com and counldn't resist, the P160 was begging for them....

nate7.jpg

nate8.jpg

so what headphones do you have to go with those fans? i'm assuming some completely closed ones...

:eek: at noise level...

oh, and nice oc there. i wish that my motherboard wasn't so crappy. then i might have a similar one (though my ears would still work, i've got watercooling. i'm planning on using 5x 120mm panaflo m1a's in my case... 4 on rad + 1 exhaust)

Yea, they are pretty loud. I keep the top blowhole at full tilt, but the back one I throttle because it creates too much turbulence in the case I think. The rear fan I switched to an intake so I get fresh air straight through the fins in the HS ( Pipe101 rocks btw), and the top is a blowhole. Definetly very loud, I can barely hear the 92mm Tornado at full tilt, except that its a slightly different pitch. I had a basic WC setup for a bit, but I dumped it because I found it hard to bring my rig to lan parties and I'm always moving it around, but now I realise that a heavy HS is almost as bad, gotta be careful of tearing the damn socket off.

hey dude...lol i got a nearly silent system going and i STILL get room temperature for cpu at stock speeds... cpu fan is silent.. runnign full speed all the time
its a delta tho so it tends to chop fingers like a blender if i want insane case cooling i turn up the case fans... but its not neccisary unless room goes past 80F at 1.85 volts it gets like 113F tops
my setup has a ton of fans tho... one 80 mm and one 92 mm intake in the front.. 80 mm intake on side panel, two exaust from behind cpu and one blow hole not to mention i replaced the power supply fan with a sick cfm one..
my heat sink is like 600-700 grams total.. im not worried one but about the socket..

wow, those are pretty extreme. that wesite hurts my eyes, the layout and colorts/design. but it looks like a good deal. must be really loud, i dont think i could take that, although my shuttle xpc would love one of those on the back :)

ryuji said:
hey dude...lol i got a nearly silent system going and i STILL get room temperature for cpu at stock speeds...
Your CPU temperature is the same as your room temperature with just air-cooling? That's impossible unless your CPU dissipates zero watts of heat. Your CPU temperature reading sounds highly inaccurate if you ask me.

coz said:
Your CPU temperature is the same as your room temperature with just air-cooling? That's impossible unless your CPU dissipates zero watts of heat. Your CPU temperature reading sounds highly inaccurate if you ask me.
alright its about 5 degs or so F above room temp and if you want accurate reading a probe directly in the middle of my hs that actually reads 98.6 if i put it in my mouth is reading at 90.1 F right now... with my case in silent mode.. my rooms about 82 right now.. just turned up ac a moment ago still close nuf'
i belive you that its inaccurate tho.. it goes below case temp every once in a while.. but its still pretty damn close to room temp at least :D

Temp readings are so varied across different probes, placement, etc thats its not even worth arguing, At 2.3ghz though my proc runs about 35C, whatever that is. At 2.7, anywhere from 38-42C depending on room temp. Case temps are always right around room temp.

edit*-I put my probes UNDER my HS, ie my probe is actually touching the core of my proc, I super glued it there. thats the only way for a real reading, IMO, is if your probe is right next to the core. A probe put on TOP of the HS will of course read alot lower, I just tried it with my case temp probe and I'm getting 29C instead of the 40C that my probe UNDER the HS is reading....

Back