Fear my E6 Sempron64 :cool:

Nice chip. Pop that IHS and get some decent cooling on it. Even a good 1U cooler is still a 1U cooler.

Will your DFI run 2 sticks at that HTT? I assume you've hit the core's limit, not the board's at that speed.

I think I'm about ready to upgrade. Have you confirmed working 64 bit?

Ruiner said:
Nice chip. Pop that IHS and get some decent cooling on it. Even a good 1U cooler is still a 1U cooler.

Will your DFI run 2 sticks at that HTT? I assume you've hit the core's limit, not the board's at that speed.

I think I'm about ready to upgrade. Have you confirmed working 64 bit?

I don't need to confirm it, it has the x86-64. Even "BO" Semprons, the first rev E3's, had x86-64. It just wasn't advertised.

This board tops out at 426HTT, so it's a chip limit. DFI's don't hold back OC's.

robberbaron said:
I don't need to confirm it, it has the x86-64. Even "BO" Semprons, the first rev E3's, had x86-64. It just wasn't advertised.

This board tops out at 426HTT, so it's a chip limit. DFI's don't hold back OC's.

baron, way to not touch on the fact you cant de-ihs that chip :p but im jealous, your sempron pooned my 2800+.

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
baron, way to not touch on the fact you cant de-ihs that chip :p but im jealous, your sempron pooned my 2800+.

Ah yes, I still need to find a tool that can do it. But then again, I'm selling the chip, so I'm going to avoid de-ihs'ing it unless the buyer explicitly wants me to.

robberbaron said:
Ah yes, I still need to find a tool that can do it. But then again, I'm selling the chip, so I'm going to avoid de-ihs'ing it unless the buyer explicitly wants me to.

baron I sent you a pm concerning the chip, did ya get it? thanks

Nice overclock robberbaron! I have a 3700+ that can do 2.8 ghz, stock voltage on the stock cooler! :) As tested on an Asus mobo.

Back