So the other night I was on a killing spree in FEAR MP and then all of a sudden my screen filled up with artifacts and my 2yo. BFG 6800GT OC died. I realize games are taxing but I was running at 10x7 no AA. BFG rawks so I'll be RMAing my card this week. I had to buy a new PSU just to confirm it's death. Kinda sucks I'm out 100 bucks... but at least I have a SLi compatible PSU now. I digress....
Now I had played through the entire single player game without any issues, so i find it kinda odd that my GPU would simply die while playing my first match of the day. Hell, just last week I cleaned out my PC with compressed air - I removed all of my fans, cards, and dusted them off. I'm wondering if maybe the recent 91.31 drivers from nvidia combined with FEAR may have contributed to the death of my card?
Another reason why I was thinking it was FEAR is because my office recently started playing the free multiplayer game during breaks and a few of the workstations locked up when we first gave it a try. I'm a professional 3D artist so our workstations are pretty highend so there's really no reason they shouldn't be able to play the game.
Anyway, after searching through google I've noticed a trend with FEAR and GPUs locking up and I was wondering if anyone else has noticed it as well?
BTW - my rig has a geforce2GTS in it now... :cries:
Now I had played through the entire single player game without any issues, so i find it kinda odd that my GPU would simply die while playing my first match of the day. Hell, just last week I cleaned out my PC with compressed air - I removed all of my fans, cards, and dusted them off. I'm wondering if maybe the recent 91.31 drivers from nvidia combined with FEAR may have contributed to the death of my card?
Another reason why I was thinking it was FEAR is because my office recently started playing the free multiplayer game during breaks and a few of the workstations locked up when we first gave it a try. I'm a professional 3D artist so our workstations are pretty highend so there's really no reason they shouldn't be able to play the game.
Anyway, after searching through google I've noticed a trend with FEAR and GPUs locking up and I was wondering if anyone else has noticed it as well?
BTW - my rig has a geforce2GTS in it now... :cries: