• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

FEAR: Extraction Point Thoughts

I'm not having frame rate problems, it runs fine, but it is crashing a LOT, and this is the only game that's having problems.

I run EVEREST Ultimate and Process Explorer in the background and both of those are crashing and giving me weird memory-related errors. I have 2GB of RAM and no paging file, so I think it's both having problems with no paging file, and extremely poor memory management in general.

Anyone else have a similar problem?
 
Im getting fairly low to averge performance with my specs

7950GX2 overclocked
64 4000+ overclocked
2gb ram

1680 1050 I had to drop softshadows, I had to remove AA and drop AF down to 4x

Everything else is max.

Supprisingly 22" widescreen and 1680 1050 with no AA looks really nice, same priciple with doom3 I think, lots of shadows help hide the jaggies.
 
No problems with framerate here.

Running 1280 x 960 with most things medium and a few things maximum with AA x 2 AS x 16. Soft shadows disabled. Volumetric lighting medium.

Min 40fps
Average framerate 76fps
Max 175fps
 
I ran some tests between FEAR and FEAR: EP.

Avg framerate:

FEAR = 46 fps
FEAR EP = 22 fps

WTF? Settings are the same. I guess TimeGate just sucks at coding games. Isnt this their first FPS game?
 
Yeah, my new PC build runs it at around the same fps as my old slow 2.5ghz P4. Runs well enough now but you'd think it would be much smoother with a better PC with the same game engine. Things are not optimised.
 
I found changing world detail to medium from maximum makes a massive difference to FPS on a 7900GT. Still looks the mutts nuts even on medium.
 
First thing that I like about F.E.A.R. XP is the music and sound ambiance. My X-Fi and Z-5500's make this game sound spectacular, especially in particular frenzied situations. As stated before this is not F.E.A.R. pt.2, its simply expanding on the original storyline. Think of it as an epilogue of a book.

I have not finished this game yet, I believe I'm about 5-6 hours in or so. I'm really starting to hate Fettel. He's climbing up my 'Best Villians' chart rather quickly.

R.I.P. Holliday....




 
The Holliday scene was frickin' amazing. =) TimeGate may not code a good game, but they do good scenes.
 
Ok.. Just how much did DELL spend on advertising within this game?? Almost every computer system on a desk is the new XPS 700... complete with monitor :mad: .. in BOTH colors offered. I remember Alienware advertising in the original, but it was somewhat subtle...this is anything but.


Btw... I'm running 2 XFX 7800 GT's Extreme Editions SLI, 1680x1050 res, everything max with my 4200+ X2 OC 2.6 and everything is gorgeous. So far the only part where I lost a few frames that I can tell is the parking garage, and that was almost unnoticeable.




 
Dark Prodigy said:
Ok.. Just how much did DELL spend on advertising within this game?? Almost every computer system on a desk is the new XPS 700... complete with monitor :mad: .. in BOTH colors offered. I remember Alienware advertising in the original, but it was somewhat subtle...this is anything but.


Btw... I'm running 2 XFX 7800 GT's Extreme Editions SLI, 1680x1050 res, everything max with my 4200+ X2 OC 2.6 and everything is gorgeous. So far the only part where I lost a few frames that I can tell is the parking garage, and that was almost unnoticeable.





I loved seeing my computer in the game, ;) .
 
I've heard alot of complaining on this expansion being too short. I'm not even done and I already know it's longer than HL2:EP 1.

I guess that is good that I went into this game with lower expectations, because it is awesome! My computer does chug, but Expansion Point has some great scenes in it. Don't want to spoil , but I think I'm near the end and some of the things going on in the hospital are creepin me out.

Love it. Should have scored better than Episode 1. Seriously.
 
I haven't finished yet (though I think I'm close), but I'm not having framerate problems anymore. I had a few when I started palying, with NVIDIA's 91.47 drivers. After I installed 93.71, game lags are gone. Still, I notice that XP is more demanding than the original game.

Anyway, I'm liking XP, but the story is a bit confusing. As some already said, part of what we see in XP, contradicts what we did in the original game. I hope that when I get to the end, everything is explained. I just finished the Leviathan part and for those who reached it, you know what happened...I was sad about it :(
 
Back
Top