Fear 2 at 5AM

Didn't scare me at all. Movies don't scare me, games don't really scare me, it's kind of sad. :( -1 for being desensitized. Can't enjoy them as much as "normal" people.

I definitely got unnerved by the FEAR demos. Never did actually play the full game but I remember in the first demo there was a spot where you had to climb down a ladder. Right after you mount the top of the ladder, turn and start to descend, there's Alma standing right in front of you...gah!

I definitely got unnerved by the FEAR demos. Never did actually play the full game but I remember in the first demo there was a spot where you had to climb down a ladder. Right after you mount the top of the ladder, turn and start to descend, there's Alma standing right in front of you...gah!

I love that part. Great place to put her at.

I love that part. Great place to put her at.

Yeah, but what would really happen is you'd shriek in surprise (as I often did in games) and unconciously let go of the ladder, ending up as a crumpled and broken body on the floor below. At the very least, I'd be going down that latter at a highly expedited pace.

LOL. Well, at least this goes to show that plenty of people (besides myself) get scared playing F.E.A.R. ^_^ I played the demo 3-4 days ago and yeah, I think it's way more intense than the first one. The 15 min worth of game play was more creepy than the first game almost overall. And the school part, that was reallllly mouse clenching for me but I will admit the lights were kinda bugging my eyes after awhile... >.> almost like I could go into seizure at any moment. Haha.

Can't wait for the full game!!

Can you imagine playing it on a 120'' screen in a room with surround sound ? :)

It's quite an experience...I guarantee it! I'm really anxiously waiting for the full game!

w3rd.. I played the demo in my theater as well. Very creepy with surround. Footsteps behind you giggles, whispers, and screaming. I was turning around every 10 ft. Cant wait for the full game. Heebie Jeebies FTW.

I got pretty annoyed with the demo, which seemed like a rainbow 6 training mission (substitute pop-up target dummies for the ghosts) with slo-mo and a halloween-ish sound track, only worse because you have no idea where you're going.

I didn't care too much for the Max Payne style motions, but they certainly know how to make a thriller video game.

Ya I got a jump or two. Hopefully the actual game is a little harder. I think the only way you can make it challenging is to set it on hard and never us the "bullet time" effect.

One thing should have done to keep you from just taking cover and taking them out would to have the clone soldiers attack you form the front and the back at times.

But yes its going to be a great game. FEAR on the PC, the way it was meant to be played.

Yeah, but what would really happen is you'd shriek in surprise (as I often did in games) and unconciously let go of the ladder, ending up as a crumpled and broken body on the floor below. At the very least, I'd be going down that latter at a highly expedited pace.

Same, and actually there's a similar scripted part in one of the expansions which scared the living balls off me, bloody great scare, whoever thought that one up is an evil sod.

Back