Fear 1 no sound?

Halloween

Limp Gawd
Having issues with there being no sound in FEAR 1, looked at a few 'solutions' online but nothing working. Anyone experienced any issues and managed to resolve it? Cheers in advance.

I had the same problem with FEAR 2, simple solution was to delete some playback devices in Sound properties and leave only the ones you actually use. Can't say if it works with the first one but I did play through it 2 weeks ago and the sound was fine.

I had the same problem with FEAR 2, simple solution was to delete some playback devices in Sound properties and leave only the ones you actually use. Can't say if it works with the first one but I did play through it 2 weeks ago and the sound was fine.

Doesn't seem to work unfortunately :(, anyonme with Windows 7 find a fix for this?

EDIT: It just seemed to work after reinstalling and then messing with the compatability tab on the exe file. Can't beleive its taken me this long to get round to playing FEAR.

Last edited:
Doesn't seem to work unfortunately :(, anyonme with Windows 7 find a fix for this?

EDIT: It just seemed to work after reinstalling and then messing with the compatability tab on the exe file. Can't beleive its taken me this long to get round to playing FEAR.

Personally I thought it was a great game and a nice change of pace from the usual FPS's.

Story was pretty good, though in the sequels things sorta went to shit, though I'm hoping the third one gets back to the good stuff.

Alma rules.....

Damnit now I want to reinstall it and play again.

Back