FBI: Gangs Communicate Using PlayStation Network

HardOCP News

[H] News
The FBI has just now figured out that crooks can talk to each other on the PlayStation Network. Wow, you can't slip anything by the feds these days, now can you? :eek:

PlayStation Network is an online multiplayer gaming and digital media delivery service which has been available to PlayStation users since November 2006. PSN allows gamers with PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Portable (PSP) gaming consoles to connect with each other and communicate inside of video games. Gamers can use either a wired router connection, wireless connection, or a modem connection to gain access to the PSN through their gaming system. While inside of a video game, users can communicate via voice, text, or video chat, requiring the purchase of only a head set and/or webcam. There are approximately 77 million registered PSN accounts in over 60 countries where gamers can communicate with each other, anywhere in the world, in a matter of seconds.

Last edited:
PSN wiretapping coming to a network near you! (yes you....yes, the one currently reading this.. yes, who else would I mean?)

What gangbangers on PSN? NO WAAY lmao...they are on xbox live, they are on skype, they are on msn messenger...the list is endless. Just another way to tap into american privacy.

Gangs communicate using Playstation Network
Hackers hack Playstation Network and get everyones CC info
Hackers have gangster CC info

HACKERS VS GANGSTERS

I used to use vent to talk to my gang, of counter strike players in my clan, err gang.

I always thought they used smoke signals off the ganja, mon... learn something new erryday, mon! ;)

Being a PS3 owner, I now feel hardcore, time to start up a gang.

Mafia Wars won't have shit on us, dawg.

In other news the FBI is hiring people to listen to 60 million 12 year olds flaming each other.

I still like the multi-million dollar study that said terrorists could possibly be using Barrens chat in WoW to plan attacks against America.

That is kinda retarded... gangs can also use public key cryptography.

Or steganography.

If you have your checkbook handy, take a look at the MP "line" where you sign your name.
Preferably under a good light source and with your glasses on. Maybe use a magnifiying glass, loop, or microscope if you have any of those items handy.

The more you know...

Gangs etc will communicate, so America, be prepared to give up all your communication freedoms in the name of security. Not yours of course. No, that guy, over there. No no, the other one. Ahh you missed him.

Being a PS3 owner just got even more gangsterly than before. Good thing we had GTA 4 and it's expansions to get ourselves acclimated to the lifestyle.

Holy shit...PSN is used over an internet connection...do you understand the gravity of the situation? This basically means that gang members can fucking talk over the internet. OMG SHUT IT ALL DOWN KEEP US SAFE.

So the PSN is run by thugs/gangsters of the MAFIAA after all

HACKERS VS GANGSTERS

An interesting genre. Intellegent-Weak vs Violent-Dumb. Have to exclude all of the script kiddies and thugs to make it fair though.

They probably aren't using Steam cause they're too dumb to know how to operate a PC.

heck , all a person needs is a little knowledge(Google), some python , access to a hosted server (maybe something in the cloud ) and they could have a very secure form of messaging system. you can find python scripts via google that would set up a basic messaging server add a dash of encryption. no need for a PSN / XBOX / or any other messaging system. If you think about it , a "Hacker" could set something like this up on a compromised system with out the owners knowledge and run undetected for months. Just think gangster / hacker / terrorist using Disney.com for a hidden messaging service.

READ THE ARTICLE

it's about how people on HOUSE ARREST are bypassing computer tracking software that is always installed by using ps3 to coordinate illegal activity. if you read the bottom, it's just an INFORMATION REPORT so agents are aware of the possibility that these guys are getting around systems already in place.

I generally dislike cops, but the fact that they are trying to adapt to new tech is actually refreshing.

HACKERS VS GANGSTERS

sounds like the title of a new indie game

I can see a related story in 6-months, going something like this:

"Recent activity being monitored by the FBI has uncovered a new trend in terrorism: Youngsters with violent aggression and a propensity for cheese flavord snacks, who call themselves the 'fucking noobs'. Slogans such as, "BOOM HEADSHOT!", replace the more traditional extremest ramblings of Akbar. The investigation is still ongoing, but the threat is now considered to be much larger than initially anticipated."

I still like the multi-million dollar study that said terrorists could possibly be using Barrens chat in WoW to plan attacks against America.

hah! I remember that. I wonder how they felt reading about Mankrik's wife for the millionth time. /pity

Back