Fax over IP

cyr0n_k0r

Supreme [H]ardness
What is everyone using for Fax over IP in the enterprise?
We've been looking at Xmedius but it's too expensive.

We would be using 5-8 simultaneous in/out lines with about 15 fax lines in the company.
I'd like integration with AD/Exchange if possible.
Must run on Windows.

We dumped the majority of our physical machines, we kept one analog line at each site just in case (reception area).

For the rest we use email to fax:
http://www.interfax.net/en

For inbound we have DID's come into our 3CX PBX that emails the fax to a fax email account, which is auto checked every minute and auto prints the specified file types. That way inbound on our other fax DID's is seamless. But outbound primarily goes out InterFax.

This is across 4 locations with 250+ employees. InterFax can authorize by email or domain. We just did a blanket domain authorization, however you can get granular and add specific approved email accounts. Our employees were hesitant at first, but now they use the shit out of it. People just suck balls when it comes to change.

We need a solution we can host. We cannot rely on any outside services.
There are a lot of confidentiality issues.

We need a solution we can host. We cannot rely on any outside services.
There are a lot of confidentiality issues.

What you using for a PBX? Is it a VoIP PBX or analog? If its VoIP, they may have a Fax over IP service that you can add on to it possibly?

What you using for a PBX? Is it a VoIP PBX or analog? If its VoIP, they may have a Fax over IP service that you can add on to it possibly?
Cisco Call Manager. Currently running 7.1 but plan to upgrade to 8.x within the next 6 months.

I'll tell you to not use faxpress (if they are still in business) for your own server. Ours takes a shit on itself and loves to play drop packets and break tiff/pdfs like a boss.

GoldFax was pretty good when I used it.

For low buck, Microsoft Fax actually worked surprisingly well too.

Faxback / Net satisfaxtion seems to suck.

I've used GFI and been happy with it, but that was several years ago.

Back