Favorite weapon so far in Fallout 3?

Grenades, I found sneaking around and sticking a grenade down someones pants the most entertaining way of dealing with enemies.

Ditto. Still by far my favorite weapon. It's especially great when it clears a whole group because they walk closer to each other.

Made a character last night i'm going to try with just unarmed and just use brass knuckles, ect at most. (No swords, guns, or explosives)
It's interesting so far..Doing decent damage. :D

Made a character last night i'm going to try with just unarmed and just use brass knuckles, ect at most. (No swords, guns, or explosives)

I'd try to build the Deathclaw Gauntlet and upgrade it with as many schematics as possible. I can't think of any other really good unarmed items I encountered.

FatMan, Laser Gatling, Combat Shotgun, Chinese Assault Rifle, Flamer, Plasma Rifle, Laser Rifle, Laser Pistol and Alien Blaster were my weapons of choice.

Get yourself strength and agility in droves, and grab the Iron Fist perk early. Then pick-up Finesse. Combine this with Silent Running and Better Criticals and you can do some serious sneak damage while remaining mobile.

Sure, the weapons suck, but they are fast, and they are cheap to maintain. Also, you can easily continue to wail on your opponents outside of VATS.

I'd make sure to grab Fisto! early for general damage, the The Shocker for bots, and the Deathclaw Gauntlet for heavily armored enemies.

Back