Favorite PS2 game?

HardUp4HardWare

Supreme [H]ardness
What is your favorite PS2 game?

I hooked up my old PS2 recently to play SSx Tricky. Funny how in my memories of playing that game the graphics seemed so awesome, now I play it for the tricks.

Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts II, Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories, Valkyrie Profile 2.

What is your favorite PS2 game?

I hooked up my old PS2 recently to play SSx Tricky. Funny how in my memories of playing that game the graphics seemed so awesome, now I play it for the tricks.

Play PS2 with an emulator, or at least with component cables!

Shadow of the colossus Is at the top of my list

Yes yes yes. Amazing game.

I just sunk 86 hours into replaying FF12. So underrated. I could probably put another 40 hours in if I wanted to.

Shadow of the colossus, ico, the suffering 1&2, manhunt 1&2, silent hill series and kingdom hearts series

Can't decide between front mission 5, yakuza 2, mgs 3... and about 20 other games.

Bully, Devil May Cry 1 & 3, Final Fantasy X & XII, Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2, MGS 2 & 3, Okami, Sly Cooper 1-3, Shadow of the Colossus

I liked the experimental titles on the PS2 the most. Stuff like Katamari Damacy and Disgaea and whatnot.

Kingdom Hearts, Tekken Tag Tournament, Street Fighter Collection (and Alpha Anthology), Devil May Cry, GTA San Andreas.

Zone of Enders 1 and Devil May Cry 1 both still bring a smile to my face.

Great first-gen(ish) games.

Oh and VF4 ate up wayyyyy too much of everyone's time for a good year when I was 21(?)

Best fighter on the PS2 hands down, and honestly best VF in the series.

I don't like having to use my brain while I play games so Ratchet and clank series is all I played.

Metal Gear Solid 3. Though I really do need to go back and finish FFXII.
Maybe if the FFX/FFX-2 Remake do well enough, they'll redo XII, in which case I will wait!

FF12 was the only half-way decent FF on the PS2.

FFX was, the worst. Especially after Square had just started to redeem itself with FF9....

I still consider Suikoden III the best, it's one of the few games from that era that I can remember clearly.

FF12 was the only half-way decent FF on the PS2.

FFX was, the worst. Especially after Square had just started to redeem itself with FF9....

I completely disagree. If they had picked a better VO actor for Tidus I don't think it would get very much hate at all.

Godhand. Completely batshit story backed up with a very good and rewarding customizable fighting system. I've played and beat it more than any other PS2 game by far.

Metal Gear Solid 2 or Final Fantasy 10. Its a toss up.

I know MGS2 was not everyone's slice of pie but even despite the massively confusing story line I enjoyed the hell out of it. FF10 was just awesome , it reminded me of FF7 so much and it maintained that level of charm that I felt was lost in translation through FF8 and FF9.

FF12 was my favorite of the 2 PS2 FF games, but it had so many fun side quests and hunts to do, that I would drop out of the story line for hours, and then feel lost again when I would try to continue on.

FFX was much more linear, but it kept you on track, while having just enough side play to not be a straight shot like FF13 was.

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2. I rented the heck out of that game. I didn't even buy it until I moved on from the PS2.

too many great ones to list, but FFX, GT3, Resident Evil 4 and Dokapon Kingdom are my top ones.

I'm surprised that nobody has mention God of War yet. FFX, GoW1/GoW2 are my favorites.

Hard choice between MGS3 and Gran Turismo 3 (I got my PS2 for this game, and it blew my mind back in 2001).

I'm surprised that nobody has mention God of War yet. FFX, GoW1/GoW2 are my favorites.

Hah, I remember I rage quit in GoW1 HD where the 3 headed pups grew into dogs all over the place. I need to get back to that POS game so I can play 2/3. Already beat the PSP versions.

I couldn't say just one and I also like the oddball kind of games. Went game crazy back in 2009/10 and now own 103 PS2 games as they were clearanced out of stores. Only beat like 10~15 of them :eek:

Really enjoyed Whiplash and Beyond good and evil.

Back