NoScript
PDF Download
ShowIP
ThinkVantage Password Manager
View Cookies
are the ones I have installed.

Geez... how slow is that?

Downloadhelper for integrated FLV videos
Mouse Gestures (nearly a GODSEND when using a tablet PC)
IEView
FasterFox
FoxyProxy

I just use:

Adblock Plus
DownThemAll!

Do you guys actually feel sites loading faster with FasterFox on broadband? Also, what is the advantage of NoScript if you use Adblock Plus? If you generally don't go to underground/xxx sites is NoScript still needed?

Thanks!

I just use:

Adblock Plus
DownThemAll!

Do you guys actually feel sites loading faster with FasterFox on broadband? Also, what is the advantage of NoScript if you use Adblock Plus? If you generally don't go to underground/xxx sites is NoScript still needed?

Thanks!

FasterFox isn't a necessary extension. All it does is apply the following tweaks
http://www.tweakfactor.com/articles/tweaks/firefoxtweak/4.html

Noscript is great for blocking javascript popups that Adblock Plus doesn't catch. Of course, it's also great as a security feature to block any javascript related exploits. Oh and another thing, it also blocks plugins like Flash and Quicktime.

It isn't for everyone though of course because of the effort needed in whitelisting domains and the need to enable javascript everytime you come upon a new trusted site.

1) Tab Mix Plus
(love all the functions, especially unclose tab and session restore functions)

2) Foxmark
(never lose bookmark again! access them anywhere on any computer)

3) WebMail Notifier
(check my gmail / yahoo / hotmail all in one)

4) Adblock Plus
(not the best but does the job)

5) F.E.B.E
(backup all extensions and data, works well with CLEO, really handy when reinstalling firefox)

6) QuickRestart
(add restart firefox into the tools menu, really handy!)

7) PicLens
(eye candy yay!)

8) Searchbar Autosizer
(I like to keep the damn thing really short even on 24" widescreen)

9) PDF Download
(prompts you whether to download it, view it externally or internally)

It isn't for everyone though of course because of the effort needed in whitelisting domains and the need to enable javascript everytime you come upon a new trusted site.

Thanks for the info. That is exactly what I was trying to determine.

On the sidenote... Foxmarks looks amazing! I was just about to research a similar solution in the next coming days. Good stuff :c)

I read that the spyware/adware jerks are now targeting the top searches in google. They are paying google to have their shitware put in the top search items. With noscript you don't have to worry about clicking on one of those and getting a drive by download. With noscript I only whitelist sites I trust and nothing else. Also with noscript you can allow a sites main domain but not their ad-servers, google syndication, doubleclick etc.

On another forum a person said their daughter got a spyware download just by going to a myspace page requiring hours to fix the issue. With noscript that would never have happened.

Do you guys actually feel sites loading faster with FasterFox on broadband?

I've used it in the past and can't say I noticed a difference but then I didn't have my stop watch out either. It's not something I consider worth bothering with anyway.

Why does FF come with that Dom Inspector add-on by default? That looks like something for a web site developer and not the average user. I've had a look at it a few times out of curiosity but it's a useless tool to me.

Great thread, and very useful, discovered a few here

Here's my list (I use a few lol)

Adblock Plus
Great for blocking adds / other distracting content [H] disabled of course

Custom Buttons
Does what the title says, very useful as you can write your own in javascript, i use buttons to restart, options, proxy settings and a few others

Download Statusbar
The Download Windows is a PITA

Fast Video Download
DL embedded videos, youtube etc.

Fasterfox
Page load timer is useful sometimes, also custom section, no need to go into about:config to change settings for speed

Foxmarks
Very useful, saved my bookmarks once already

Hidebad
Shortcut and hides all tabs and displays homepage, tabs recoverable w/ PW, need i say more?

IE tab
For those sites that don't work with FF

MM3 proxy switch
Switching proxys

Screen Grab
Saves entire pages as single image, useful for PSP eBook reading lol

Secure Login
Simple, Useful

Show my IP
Need I explain?

Speed Dial
More bookmarks!!

Stealthier
Disables cookies, history, cache with shortcut, get the point?

Tab Mix Plus
Just damn awasome, very useful tab functions and damn this thing is customizable

Unlinker
Have'nt actually used this one yet but sounds good

Im done now :D

I saw the craig;s list helper on lifehacker today, and installed it.

I love it!!

The ones I notice the most if I don't have them would have to be Tab Mix Plus and (I'm surprised no one else mentioned it) Web Search Pro. I love WSP's drop and drag search (drag highlighted items to search them).

I use

No script
Forecastfox
Fasterfox
Tab Effect (great rotating tab flip, try it, you'll either love it or hate it!)
and the ubiqutous Download Status Bar...

The Fox runs great for me and I feel lost if I'm using IE (or the "mandatory" Safari...LOL)

My extensions:

• Adblock Plus (not used here of course!)
  • Adblock Plus: Element Hiding Filter (makes hiding divs etc. easier)
  • Autohide (proper fullscreen browsing)
  • BugMeNot (useful when you can't be bothered registering)
  • Download Statusbar
  • Errorzilla Mod (more useful error pages, Needs to be modified by hand to work properly though)
  • EZNav (Adds some useful functions to existing buttons)
  • FlashGot (for better download manager integration)
  • IE View Lite
  • Image Zoom
  • Linkification (for when people insist on posting links in plain text)
  • Master Password Timeout (leaving the password manager wide open bothers me, even if I don't use it to store anything critical)
  • MediaPlayerConnectivity (for opening embedded media in VLC)
  • NoScript (for security and plugin blocking)
  • Redirect Remover
  • RefControl (removes, or spoofs, referrers. Because I'm paranoid)
  • Remember Mismatched Domains (my web hosting provider needs this to avoid an annoying pop-up)
  • Show Image (This should be there by default. Who wants to reload a whole page just to retry a broken image?)

Unlinker looks very interesting. I may have to check it out. :)

Highlight the text you want to search, left click on it and drag to the FF search box, no plug in required.

You apparently haven't used Web Search Pro. Give it a shot and let me know if you still think it's the same.

The only extension I consider essential is Download Statusbar. If you don't use it, I strongly recommend you check it out. Anything else I use sporadically and usually keep disabled (Web Developer, Chatzilla)

the ones I use:

firebug,
Imacros - very easy to use to create macros, actually made a couple hundred $$ doing some automatic tasks online for people..
and now the craigslist add-on i really liked it , thanks for the advice!

Back