Favorite Demo Of All Time?

I've got more of a 2 part reply only cause there is no clear winner for me .. times change and so do the games.

Demo I played the most = Painkiller (stakin' baddies to the wall never got old)

Close second = UT2k3

now on the list of good free/shareware that I played the hell out of in their time...

wolf3d
doom
commander keen
quake1 episode 1
RTCW: Enemy Territory <---really shouldn't count this one

thats my favs

RTCW MP beach demo, hands down. my first ever taste of squad based multiplayer gaming had me addicted for weeks!

Ghost Recon, Castle map was amazing, the type of combat was good, loved being a support gunner. To bad the full game was a Hermit Fest :rolleyes:

MOHAA.

How long ago was that demo released (the original MOHAA, not Spearhead or anything)? 4 years? 5?

UT2003
CTF instagib was incredible, as well as bombing run (sadly bombing run feels...different in 2004. Simply unplayable, even in the same levels ported from 03)

Kaboomenstein! (if you ever saw me)

The MOST fun I have ever had playing a demo was for a game called Terminal Velocity. :D

merlin704 said:
The MOST fun I have ever had playing a demo was for a game called Terminal Velocity. :D

To me, this game was just a Descent rip-off. Wasen't it made by 3DRealms?

i'd have to go with unreal tournament one because it would run on the crap computers back in highschool and during our computers class all the nerds would play and not pay any attention to the teacher:D

BF1942 wake island demo. I played that again about 9 months ago, there were still a few servers out there.

Hmm Doom shareware definately... They just don't give you enough levels/guns/characters/shit in demos nowadays.

Oh motocross madness 2 also.

The original Command and Conquer demo.

Me and my friend would play that game for hours.

It only had 3 levels, but man...

that AND Worms 2

I think they both came on the same PC Gamer demo cd.

Quake 1 demo or any original Doom demo. They all gave you an ENTIRE episode to play with. :)

I don't know about all time favorite, but when they released the demo for UT2K4 I was hooked.

UT2K4 for realz, that demo was sooooo damn addicting i thought i had the full version

UT99. It had 4 of the best DM maps(Morpheus, Turbine, Phobos, and Tempest), and it was the game that really got me into FPSes. I still play it, although now I've got the full version.

Back