[faulty?] zotac z68 itx wifi won't boot

jy43

n00b
spec ( all new, out of box)

zotac z68 itx wifi a-e (rev02 from what I can tell from the other thread)
G.Skill DDR3 1600mhz 4g x 2
2600k+ 620H2O
lian-li pc-q08
ThermalTake Qfan 750W modular (160mm length)
(a spare hd5870)

Press start button at front
buzz noice, not a good sign.
one green light near front panel headers, one red light near sata ports, mobo light up with debug LCD showing [00],pump/fan working

Problem:
Then, that's it, no beaps at all, no video output to monitor (tried both onboard or hd5870 via DisplayPort).

Debug LCD is still showing [00],can't tell if it pass POST or not. USB ports have power but usb keyboard doesn't light up.

HDD LED and power LED don't light up, I'm pretty sure that all headers are in the right place.

Tried RAM combinations, no success. **take off both ram** and boot up again, same symptom, debug LCD still showing [00] why:confused:

Any chance to mis-place the 2600k?

All new conponents here, I do not have any spare parts to test with.

I'm really confused, please help.:confused::confused:

Can you tried your processor etc. another computer? That way you can check what parts working and what not. My friend have has also same memory and problem was that his has other RAM broken and that why his computer not boot. So try if is possible some another RAM.

But i have offtopic to you. Seems that you installed that 620 but what way you putted your radiator and fan?

Can you tried your processor etc. another computer? That way you can check what parts working and what not. My friend have has also same memory and problem was that his has other RAM broken and that why his computer not boot. So try if is possible some another RAM.

But i have offtopic to you. Seems that you installed that 620 but what way you putted your radiator and fan?

CPU and RAM are new out of box so I assume they are good. as I don;t have any spare parts to test with, I dropped them to a computer clinic and hope to get an answer.

The antec 620 H2O radiator was installed on the top of the case (inside), with the default system fan(120mm) in place(PC-Q08). they fit nicely with a modular PSU installed. :)

Strip it
Clean it
Re-build it open on the desk.

CPU, 1 stick of ram, 1 HD, NO GFX

Less = more is the saying.

Also try a DEEP CMOS CLEAR. Set jumper, pull battery, no psu nothing linked. Have a coffee, tea, drink, fag, shower least half hour then try!

You've fitted a backplate i take it. You have crushed a cap or remove one! Use the stock cooler.

Build it as basic as you can open on the desk.

Back