Faulty radiator?

daro2096

Limp Gawd
Trying my first watercooling setup but the radiator is leaking from the thread side of the barb. Faulty radiator? Do I need to RMA the radiator?

It is a SWT-MCR120QPK Swiftech MCR Series 120mm Single radiator.

I thought at first I had a faulty connector but I changed it and it still leaks when running.

I will rma but should I have bought something else?

How tight did you go? Unscrew check threads ensure they are clean and to make sure you didnt cross thread it. Try again maybe with some teflon tape.

I tried two different connectors at first I had those coloured plastic ghost compression fittings. I RMAed them and got copper barbs but the radiator still leaks. I tightened the barb as much as I can. The other barb does not leak. It is just this one connector.

I already asked the place for a replacement. Maybes that will work but so far I lost about a fifth of my expensive water coolant from leaks.

I tried two different connectors at first I had those coloured plastic ghost compression fittings. I RMAed them and got copper barbs but the radiator still leaks. I tightened the barb as much as I can. The other barb does not leak. It is just this one connector.

I already asked the place for a replacement. Maybes that will work but so far I lost about a fifth of my expensive water coolant from leaks.

Should leak test with distilled water next time and save the coolant for actual setup in the system.

Back