Faulty K8N Neo Plat Board?

fiberoptik

Limp Gawd
I dont know If I got a crap board or if this series of mobos needs a serious bios upgrade. Anyway here goes.. I can not get this board to oc past 33mhz and Im using an AMD 3200 with PQI 3700 DDR sticks. Also, I do not use the sata on my board.. Still have a pair of ide's set in raid so naturally I have the SATA disabled in bios but every once in a while during boot it does a sata drive search. Lastly, once in a while Ill power my pc down and it will magically power back up on its on.. Even with it unplugged!!!!! ok just kidding about it being unplugged.. Anyway have any ideas? Should I be requesting an rma and cross ship?

fiberoptik said:
I dont know If I got a crap board or if this series of mobos needs a serious bios upgrade. Anyway here goes.. I can not get this board to oc past 33mhz and Im using an AMD 3200 with PQI 3700 DDR sticks. Also, I do not use the sata on my board.. Still have a pair of ide's set in raid so naturally I have the SATA disabled in bios but every once in a while during boot it does a sata drive search. Lastly, once in a while Ill power my pc down and it will magically power back up on its on.. Even with it unplugged!!!!! ok just kidding about it being unplugged.. Anyway have any ideas? Should I be requesting an rma and cross ship?

33 mhz? You sure you're not talking about PCI? PCI should always be locked...

fiberoptik said:

Is this the Neo or Neo2? Socket 754 cpu's are not known for OC'ing very far. If you're 939, try lowering your HT from 5 to 4, see if it helps. 1:1 ratios are always best, but sometimes with the right 5:4 or 5:3 ratio, you can push your CPU and leave your ram constant and dramatically increase overall speed.

hope this helps.

Its the Neo2 939 pin. Yea I baught ram rated higher than 400 mhz so I could run it 1 1. I dunno maybe bad ram.. They passed on memtest86 though

33 or 66 DDR?... That doesn't tell me poopy

What are you talking about?

Rad777

Yea they are the 3500 series PQI turbo.. Again they passed memtest86.

Rad: what I meant was I cant push the FSB past 233mhz.

fiberoptik said:
Yea they are the 3500 series PQI turbo.. Again they passed memtest86.

Rad: what I meant was I cant push the FSB past 233mhz.

Lower your HT multi from 5x to 2x... see what happens? If not, can I see your CPU-Z screenshot?

Back