Faulty Floppy Drive

SLiLOVER

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 19, 2005
Messages
304
A couple of weeks ago I put a floppy(which had worked on other computers)in the floppy drive of my Dell XPS Gen 4 because I wanted to transfer it to a CD so my Dad could use the file on his laptop and when I put it in it started making all these weird sound and I tryed to eject it and it wouldn't eject so it is still in my floppy drive! :mad: I think Dell gave me a faulty floppy drive! :mad:
 
are u sure u installed it right? does the light stay on? if it does u have the cable the wrong way
 
SLiLOVER said:
it has worked in other computers.

So use the little paperclip hole to eject the disk and test it in another computer. If it works, call Dell and tell them, or go buy another floppy drive for like $5 and install it to read the disk.
 
Back
Top