Faulty FiiO e9?

Florin22xxl

Limp Gawd
I got a FiiO e9 today and doesnt seem to work on my pc.I pluged the power cable and conected to my pc via usb and nothing happens.The device turns itself on because there is blue led showing its on but sound doesnt work.The usb are fine i conected to all of them....also whem i move the device in my hand i hear some screw inside moving,like it got detached or something.I also dont see it under device manager,could this be a fautly unit or i need to do some trick?......can it be the usb cable ?since the device seems to be turning itself on just windows doesnt see it.
tks

Last edited:
Th Fiio E9 doesn't get the audio signal through usb. It doesn't have a built in DAC. You have to use the 3.5mm input jack.

Edit : The usb jack is only used for input if you have the E7/E17 docked in the E9

A little update,should i turn off the amp when i shut down my pc?been using the amp for about 2 weeks now and never turned it off,i just shut down my pc

I don't have an E9, but I shut my headphone amp off if I'm not going to be using it. It doesn't make much sense to me to have things on wasting electricity if I'm not using it.

A little update,should i turn off the amp when i shut down my pc?been using the amp for about 2 weeks now and never turned it off,i just shut down my pc

Naw , I leave mine on 24/7 , don't even pay it any mind. It uses such little power.

Its made to run consistently since it also doubles as a charge/data point for the E7/E17. You aren't going to be somehow wearing it down a ton by doing so.

The only time I would unplug it would be if I was going on vacation for weeks on end since that's just a waste of power.

Back