Father of the PlayStation demoted at Sony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe everyone else at Sony is raging pissed that in 10 years he hasn't figured how to put anti-aliasing support in their hardware. :rolleyes:

S1nF1xx said:
Maybe everyone else at Sony is raging pissed that in 10 years he hasn't figured how to put anti-aliasing support in their hardware. :rolleyes:

You didn't read the article eh? It says he was demoted because of his outspoken nature. He wanted Sony to go back to its "innovative roots" (walkman, trinitron, etc.).

versello said:
You didn't read the article eh? It says he was demoted because of his outspoken nature. He wanted Sony to go back to its "innovative roots" (walkman, trinitron, etc.).
Of course I didn't. I was too busy slamming Sony.

It's SARCASM.
;)

S1nF1xx said:
Of course I didn't. I was too busy slamming Sony.

It's SARCASM.
;)

work on your communication skills, i didnot see sarcasm in your post either

Well it's no wonder that the only good things that comes out of Sony today is the PSP and PS2. They used to have good TVs, now they're outclassed and overpriced. Sony CRT monitors used to be regarded as some of the best but they didn't continue that trend with LCDs. Increasingly you pay more for the Sony name than you do the qualit of the product.

kick@ss said:
Well it's no wonder that the only good things that comes out of Sony today is the PSP and PS2. They used to have good TVs, now they're outclassed and overpriced. Sony CRT monitors used to be regarded as some of the best but they didn't continue that trend with LCDs. Increasingly you pay more for the Sony name than you do the qualit of the product.

Un yes they did

X-brite

Steel Chicken said:
work on your communication skills, i didnot see sarcasm in your post either
<sarcasm>
I do see your point. I suppose my point was incredibly accurate, Sony has failed miserably in their attempt (or lack their of) to remove jaggies from their video game equipment.

I will work on being more of an ass. I should have just said "Sony sucks", instead of exploiting Sony for a major short-coming in the development of their video game consoles. :rolleyes:
</sarcasm>

Better?

S1nF1xx said:
<sarcasm>
I do see your point. I suppose my point was incredibly accurate, Sony has failed miserably in their attempt (or lack their of) to remove jaggies from their video game equipment.

I will work on being more of an ass. I should have just said "Sony sucks", instead of exploiting Sony for a major short-coming in the development of their video game consoles. :rolleyes:
</sarcasm>

Better?

well if it makes you feel better to be an ass about it. yeah, its better.

:D

Steel Chicken said:
well if it makes you feel better to be an ass about it. yeah, its better.

:D

I don't mean to be an ass. I just am. ;)

I was extremely unimpressed with sony's recievers when i went shopping and got a yamaha instead.

I would agree with the general consensus...Sony used to be the name for hi-tech goodies. Somehow, they lost the edge.

It's really not a demotion per se. He just lost a position on the board. I read this a few days ago and while he's mostly right about Sony, he's had some major screwups in the past year. (Ahem, the PSX)

Steel Chicken said:
I would agree with the general consensus...Sony used to be the name for hi-tech goodies. Somehow, they lost the edge.

They've really become the "name-brand generic" company IMO. None of their products are stellar anymore, but you're still going to take it in the backdoor price-wise.

X Brites = Crappy TN panels with glossy finish.

All of their products (including PS2 and PSP) are made with substandard "lowest bidder" parts, which don't last the test of time. This is why they've lost their edge. I WISH they'd go back to their roots.... but it won't happen.

Sony also has been hurt by its insistence on making its content proprietary, Kutaragi said.

God damnit, the only one with any brains working for them and he gets demoted. I have lost faith in large corporations, not that it took this to realize it or anything.

Was I the only one that bought the first playstation, thought it sucked, and never went back to sony ??

No AA for teh win !

Old news. This happened back before Howard Stringer was named as the head of Sony.

Kutaragi still runs the games division, so it's not like he's going away anytime soon.

The problem is the he considers himself infallable. He said its OUR fault the button sticks and the developers and consumers need to "learn" how to use the button. Im sorry but fuck him, let him burn. We'll see how a Yankee handles a Japanese powerhouse like Sony, we may be plesantly surprised. In any case it'll be interesting to see how this pans out in the next 5 years or so.

Never saw anything wrong with the original PlayStation and the only problem I have with the PS2 is the low quality lasers that they insist on using. If you play a game for anti-aliasing, well I feel sorry for you. :p

Vildayyan2003 said:
The problem is the he considers himself infallable. He said its OUR fault the button sticks and the developers and consumers need to "learn" how to use the button. Im sorry but fuck him, let him burn. We'll see how a Yankee handles a Japanese powerhouse like Sony, we may be plesantly surprised. In any case it'll be interesting to see how this pans out in the next 5 years or so.

One: when did he say anything with the PSP was our fault? He said the PSP is a great handheld, and bashing the entire thing because they moved the square button's sensor is like criticizing a great building because of the placement of a gate. Most of the square button bashing is overdone in the first place: the sensor works fine.

And just so everyone is on the same page, the problem with the square button that Sony fixed was machine tooling that caused excess plastic to be molded onto the square button, causing it to get stuck.

Two: Howard Stringer is British with American citizenship.

It's still sony's product, it's still their problem. They should know better.

Terpfen said:
And just so everyone is on the same page, the problem with the square button that Sony fixed was machine tooling that caused excess plastic to be molded onto the square button, causing it to get stuck.

I learned how to avoid this in second year Industrial Design. I think its rather sad a company with the resources sony has ... could not figure this out.

Whatsisname said:
It's still sony's product, it's still their problem. They should know better.

Except, if they found out about the problem, replaced the units in question, and fixed the issue, wouldn't you say that they know better?

bonkrowave said:
I learned how to avoid this in second year Industrial Design. I think its rather sad a company with the resources sony has ... could not figure this out.

Apparently they did figure it out, because it only affected about 0.6% of Japanese PSPs, and it's been fixed for months.

Terpfen said:
Apparently they did figure it out, because it only affected about 0.6% of Japanese PSPs, and it's been fixed for months.

Even in first year we learned that you dont release a product until it has no defects. The problem has to do with other problems such as dead pixels / lint under the screen.

Dr. X said:
Sony also has been hurt by its insistence on making its content proprietary, Kutaragi said.

God damnit, the only one with any brains working for them and he gets demoted. I have lost faith in large corporations, not that it took this to realize it or anything.

The quote you have it way too true. Sony comes up with piece of shit ideas like mini-discs, memory sticks, that retarded dvd-cd thing the PSP uses and makes it proprietary and shoves it down everybody's throat. Whoever comes up with those ideas should be demoted to janitor.

Here's to hoping bluray flops. *crosses fingers*

S1nF1xx said:

Don't worry, I saw the sarcasm right away, hell I even chuckled to myself outloud ;).

If it werent for Sonys proprietary EVERYTHING, and thier near always faulty first batch of models, I would prolly still be reccomending thier products....

bonkrowave said:
Even in first year we learned that you dont release a product until it has no defects. The problem has to do with other problems such as dead pixels / lint under the screen.

We don't live in this perfect utopia that you speak of. Welcome to the business world.

bonkrowave said:

The problems are fixed. There's no point in complaining about this. Did Sony screw up? Yes. But they fixed it. That's generally considered a Good Thing(TM).

S1nF1xx said:
Here's to hoping bluray flops. *crosses fingers*

Blu-Ray isn't a Sony proprietary media. Nearly the entire tech industry backs it, along with some Sony-owned movie studios.

Let me put it like this: TDK is the first company to produce Blu-Ray discs.

Other high ranking officers have also been demoted recently. Sony is having a real problem and their gaming division is the only one doing well.

And their laptops are garbage. Do not buy one. It is mandatory for me to say this after I wasted $2300 on one a few years back.

Staples said:
Other high ranking officers have also been demoted recently. Sony is having a real problem and their gaming division is the only one doing well.

And their laptops are garbage. Do not buy one. It is mandatory for me to say this after I wasted $2300 on one a few years back.

I have owned two sony vaio laptops and both have been great. Sure, you pay for the name, but they're both solid machines that I run pretty much 24/7 without any problems at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back