Fatal1ty

Zetherin

Gawd
Joined
Jan 21, 2008
Messages
765
Just a quick question as I've seen mixed reviews from many different sites and wanted to see [H]'s pov.

Is the Fatal1ty version of the X-Fi series really any better than the regular Xtreme Gamer? Or am I really just paying for the name?

Thanks,

Z
 
better? not much no.

get the gamer or the Prelude is the basic deal.
 
yeah. what I mean is the gamer is the cheapest and the prelude is the best.

buy either/or
 
So, the Auzentech X-Fi Prelude is even better than the Xtreme Gamer or the Fatal1ty version? It's the 'best'?
 
Is there a noticeable difference in sound quality between X-Fi XtremeGamer and Prelude w hen using headphones?
 
Since my second thread was closed because of some immature flamewar, I'd like to continue my audio asking questions in here (my first thread!)

So, let's start with Spherific's question - I'm curious to that also!

I'm still not too clear on what I would be spending $200 dollars on. People are saying the Prelude is the best, but why? The consensus seems to be that analog with these sound cards yields the best audio quality in the long run, as opposed to digital. I have a cheap pos sound card that supports analog that makes my Logitech 5500s pretty fucking good. Hell, I'd even go to say they sound fantastic! Am I not seeing their true potential?

Would I really notice the difference from a $50 sound card to a $200 sound card, just watching games, listening to music, and watching movies?

Again, I was going to try to clarify further in my other thread, but it was closed.
 
Using the right media, you can definately hear the difference between the x-fi and some cheaper sound cards. If your media is low quality lossy format MP3s, the difference may never be appreciated.

The difference between the X-fi extreme gamer / music / fatal!ty and the Azuntech Prelude is much more subtle, but when you have a high quality set of headphones, or speakers (not suggesting that the logitech z-5500 is bad or anything) the difference between the x-fi and the prelude becomes much more obvious. Remember again, you must be using a high quality media to discern the difference.

So what does all this mean. It means most any good sound card will sound good on your z-5500s. If you game and want to take advantage of the discrete gaming EAX 5 protocols, then yes the X-fi is a great option. Also if you are looking for even better sound, still want a single sound card solution, and have the audio gear to make use of it, a card like the Azuntech Prelude is a great choice.

Is it worth $200, that is totally up to your own definition of worth. Remember we all play in different states of disposible income, and wanted desire. You will have to decide if its worth it for you.
 
Using the right media, you can definately hear the difference between the x-fi and some cheaper sound cards. If your media is low quality lossy format MP3s, the difference may never be appreciated.

The difference between the X-fi extreme gamer / music / fatal!ty and the Azuntech Prelude is much more subtle, but when you have a high quality set of headphones, or speakers (not suggesting that the logitech z-5500 is bad or anything) the difference between the x-fi and the prelude becomes much more obvious. Remember again, you must be using a high quality media to discern the difference.

So what does all this mean. It means most any good sound card will sound good on your z-5500s. If you game and want to take advantage of the discrete gaming EAX 5 protocols, then yes the X-fi is a great option. Also if you are looking for even better sound, still want a single sound card solution, and have the audio gear to make use of it, a card like the Azuntech Prelude is a great choice.

Is it worth $200, that is totally up to your own definition of worth. Remember we all play in different states of disposible income, and wanted desire. You will have to decide if its worth it for you.

If there really is a discernible difference using high quality media (which I plan to be using in the near future), then it is definitely worth it to me. A sound card is a component I don't think I'll be upgrading that frequently. Thank you very much for your help - looks like the Prelude is the best choice for me then.
 
Back
Top