"FATAL1TY" has Zalman gone soft?

Patrick1

Limp Gawd
If you guys didnt know allready Jonathan Wedal "FATAL1TY" has his own little cooler for video cards. But wow that is really expensive. $45!!! This is $15 more that the regular zalmon video card cooler. Are you paying for the name, the logo, the red L.E.D? Is this a ripoff?

Notice how it is darker than the normal cooler. Is the copper more pure? Is it paint? [This would reduce heat disipation effinciency].

Is this worth buying over the reuglar zalman heatsink we all love?

http://www.xoxide.com/zalman-fatal1ty-fs-v7.html
[Fatal1ty]

http://www.xoxide.com/zalman-vf700culed-vga-cooler.html
[Standard Zalman]

Ok here is the secound question.
I have a gigabyte passivly cooled x800xl. It reaches temeratures over 100C when playing games. Buying one of these coolers brings it down into the low 60's. Currently i can over clock to a mere 420/1080. With these new temps will be able to his 440?

P.S... Is there any kind of volts mods for x800xl's that dont require hard moding?

I've yet to see a Fatal1ty product that performed better than it's regular counter-part. Hell, the first Fatal1ty boards had worse vDIMM options. :rolleyes: As far as I can tell, you're paying for a name there, and they probably painted it or put some sort of coating over it to give it that different tone, which would cause it to have another layer for the heat to transfer.

Basically: Get the cheaper one. It doesn't have anything better, other than a sticker. Maybe the fan is red? :p

And dropping temps by 40C should definately bring some overclockability to the card (and lengthen the life, too). Generally though, passive cards are for silent rigs, so I'm guessing that's not what you're after?

What about the darker copper color?
Doesnt that mean something?
This is looking fishy......

Zalman has givin in to FATAL1TY......!!!

Silent WAS NOT A GOOD IDEA lol!!!

I will settle for an extra 100 3d05 marks....

OMGWTF Fatal1ty products rule!!

I have the Abit AN8-SLI Fatal1ty, the Zalman CNPS7700 and VF700 Fatal1ty's, and the VF700 is mounted on my X800XL Fatal1ty edition!

...not? :D

Zalman hasn't gone soft, the fatal1ty v7 is a good product its basically the vf700cu but with a stronger fan.
Look at the specs
VF700cu
* Dimensions: 91 x 126.4 x 30mm (L x W x H)
* Weight: 270g
* Base Material: Pure Copper
* Bearing Type: Double Ball
* Speed: 1350~2650rpm +/- 10%
* Noise Level: 18.5~28.5 dBA +/- 10%

Fatal1ty
* Dimensions: 91 x 126.4 x 30mm (L x W x H)
* Weight: 270g
* Base Material: Pure Copper
* Bearing Type: Double Ball
* Speed: 2050rpm +/- 10% Quiet Mode, 3500rpm +/- 10% Performance Mode
* Noise Level: 23.7 dBA +/-10% Quiet Mode, 36 dBA +/- 10% Performance Mode

It's probably anodized a dark red, which would decrease heat conduction a minimal amount.

Even if it has a more powerful fan you'd be lucky to see it perform any better than a regular vf700-cu

its defo an anodized red, its really nice looking IMO, and assuming you were going for a red theme, it would fit nicely, otherwise id stick with the regular... personally i like the color, but red is the color of the darkside :rolleyes: ATi... pshhh lmao (joking of course...)

I already made a reply in the AMD motherboards section about the Fatal1ty line and I think its bogus. There are better products out there. The Zalman VF700 is an awesome HSF and paying the extra $15 will just go to him. Money not worth it in my opinion and neither is any of his other products as well. I just hope AMD doesnt make 'Fatal1ty Line FX series' or some crap like FX = Fatal1ty X-treme or some shit. FX better be Fucking X-treme (or Fucking X-pensive for others :p)

The fan on the Fatal1ty FS-V7 is more of a high performance fan than the VF700-Cu.

VF700-Cu
http://www.zalman.co.kr/usa/product/view.asp?idx=149&code=013

- Dimensions : 91(L) x 126.4(W) x 30(H)mm
- Weight : 270g
- Base Material : Pure Copper
- Bearing Type : 2-Ball
- Speed : 1,350 ~ 2,650rpm ¡¾ 10%
- Noise Level : 18.5 ~ 28.5dB ¡¾ 10%

Fatal1ty FS-V7
http://www.zalman.co.kr/usa/product/view.asp?idx=173&code=013

- Dimensions : 91(L) x 126.4(W) x 30(H)mm
- Weight : 270g
- Base Material : Pure Copper
- Bearing Type : 2 Ball-Bearing Sets
- Speed : 2,050 rpm ¡¾ 10% (Quiet Mode), 3,500 rpm ¡¾ 10% (Performance Mode)
- Noise Level : 23.7 dB ¡¾10% (Quiet Mode), 36dB ¡¾10% (Performance Mode)

The fan is red (I was actually right without reading it, lol) and the fan moves more air. Hell, you can save that $15 and get a 120mm fan for $8 and move WAY more air on that card. ;) You're paying for sex appeal and a name, the choice is yours if it's worth it, but when the normal one is ~$30 and the Fatal1ty one is ~$45, that's a 50% price increase for...a marginally faster fan on a surface that's been messed with to increase it's sex appeal, which actually decreases it's efficency.

If you wanna spend the money, go ahead...it'll look cool and cool about the same, but for 50% more over the regular product's price for a red LED fan and a more red copper, because apparently copper isn't "gamer".

Yes, lets see how far this gaming career gets him in another 10yrs... Then what will he do?

If he kills himself now while he's in the prime of his career people always remember him as an uber gamer! but if he gets old and dies people will just remember him as a good gamer that got worse.

Hmm... pros and cons to that one... =P

Watch, soon ima force the big companies to come out with a "FARKLE!" line of products!!! =P

0mega said:
its defo an anodized red, its really nice looking IMO, and assuming you were going for a red theme, it would fit nicely, otherwise id stick with the regular... personally i like the color, but red is the color of the darkside :rolleyes: ATi... pshhh lmao (joking of course...)
Least the heatsinks are the same color as the rest of it.

That's what always kept me away from this solution before - the "stock" Zalman kit has the VERY coppery copper HSF...and BLUE ramsinks.

Green video card. Copper HSF. BLUE ramsinks.

[vader]NOOOOOOOooOOoOOoooooOoooooo!!![/vader]

Course, I can't by this one because I object to the asinine branding on principle. :p

Yea lets keep this thread on topic, if you want to talk about Seagal Juice take it to Genmay.

MGDMN said:
How amazingly off topic this post went....

Yep and if you guys want to talk about Steven Segal, there's always this:

(2) No OFF-TOPIC posting will be allowed with the exception of the PREMIUM FORUM area. If general conversation is what you seek, you have found a new home http://www.hardforum.com/subscriptions.php?

Now that I have cleaned this thread up, you are welcomed to keep talking about what the OP intended.

Back