• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Fastest USB 3.0 Stick?

Trackr

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 10, 2011
Messages
1,786
I need to frequently transfer large files/folders (10GB+) between two computers with USB 3.0 front panels.

What would the fastest USB 3.0 Stick be?
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
You might consider the 64GB version of this:

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Flash...dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

I have the 32 GB version. It transfers at round 40-70MB/s when plugged into a usb 3.0. Note that on my system those same files moved to a MyBook WD (3TB) at about 120MB/s. It is slower than a real HDD or even a slow SDD.

This 32GB version drive is about 3.75 inches long.

And then:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...+drive&x=0&y=0&sprefix=128+GB,electronics,174

Hrmm.

Well, what about the Patriot Supersonic Magnum 64GB?

It has a sustained speed of 120MB/s write.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Hrmm.

Well, what about the Patriot Supersonic Magnum 64GB?

It has a sustained speed of 120MB/s write.

I think the actual rate will depend on the file sizes you're transferring, but I see no reason not to go with that one...the reviews are more or less the same. I would pick the smaller one, as the corsair is the biggest usb stick I've ever had.
 
I think the actual rate will depend on the file sizes you're transferring, but I see no reason not to go with that one...the reviews are more or less the same. I would pick the smaller one, as the corsair is the biggest usb stick I've ever had.

No offense man, but that Corsair GT looks like some doggy chew toy :D

I guess I'd be okay with something around 70MB/s write if it were small.
 
No offense man, but that Corsair GT looks like some doggy chew toy :D

I guess I'd be okay with something around 70MB/s write if it were small.

No offense taken....I agree. I bought mine on a sale...for a some of the same reasons you want yours. I had no idea it was a big as it is, though. I was more put off by the size than the looks, though. And it gets warm, too.
 
I decided to go with the Patriot Supersonic (no Magnum) 32GB.

It's a big enough capacity to move any one thing around and it gets a decent 70MB/s.

Oh, and it's half the size of the Magnum.. and it's black.

I'm very happy with my purchase.
 
Back
Top