Fastest Laptop

Workstation people, 3D artists, music/video editors/directors who need insane amounts of processing power and RAM (and have deep pockets as well) can poke around here.

Too bad I don't have a spair $5000 to spend on a desktop replacement. I'd rather go with an IBM, specifically the T series. They're pretty fast.

actually i believe this is the fastest gaming laptop in the world...though you would have to import it. http://www.rockdirect.co.uk/notebooks/xtremeti_cons.htm I say its the fastest because according to ati's website its the only laptop to incorporate the ATi mobility x800 xt pe graphics chip which is the only mobile graphics chip with 16 pipelines

There are many computer companies that cater to the wealthy, as mentioned, that build insanely fast laptops. But I'd have to agree that the XPS Gen2 or the 9300 has the best price/performance ratio, especially if you use the 40% coupon right now :D

Ferrari 4000 by Acer is the best bang for your buck.

Given that it supports 64-bit, comes with a gig of ram, 100 gb hard drive, blue tooth, gigabit ethernet, 5 in 1 card reader, 15.4 WSXGA, DVD-RAM slot loading drive, DVI out, VGA out, S-VID out, and a blue tooth mouse that matches the laptop...oh...and it looks freaking cool. The only thing....ONLY thing that the xps has on the Ferrari is 128mb on the video card.

Not to mention that it can be as much as $1000 dollars cheaper! depending on how you configure. Zipzoomfly has the best price on it too (2069)

Proven said:
Ferrari 4000 by Acer is the best bang for your buck.

Given that it supports 64-bit, comes with a gig of ram, 100 gb hard drive, blue tooth, gigabit ethernet, 5 in 1 card reader, 15.4 WSXGA, DVD-RAM slot loading drive, DVI out, VGA out, S-VID out, and a blue tooth mouse that matches the laptop...oh...and it looks freaking cool. The only thing....ONLY thing that the xps has on the Ferrari is 128mb on the video card.

Not to mention that it can be as much as $1000 dollars cheaper! depending on how you configure. Zipzoomfly has the best price on it too (2069)
the 4000 is far from the best bang for your buck. X700, sorry, 64 bit is a marketing gmick which you fell for and much over priced. please try again.

64bit is a marketing gimick? Please, explain oh sultan of the cheeze wiz.

SLiLOVER said:
This is faster because it has a FX-57.
That is not yet released either. And - Rock Direct has a tendency to "release" stuff that never makes it into production.

Vengance_01 said:
the 4000 is far from the best bang for your buck. X700, sorry, 64 bit is a marketing gmick which you fell for and much over priced. please try again.

I see. Having double the bit width and enabling twice as many GP and SSE registers is just a gimmick... you're right. Besides, who wants to run Windows XP 64 or Shlonghorn 64, anyways? 32-bit is plenty fast enough, and who will ever need more than 4GB memory?

hahah who will ever need more than 4GB of memory? I remember back in '92 saying who will ever need more than 16MB of memory. ;)

wiretap said:
hahah who will ever need more than 4GB of memory? I remember back in '92 saying who will ever need more than 16MB of memory. ;)

Precisely.

Back