Fastest internet security suite????

PimpUigi

Limp Gawd
Hey, I wanted to know which security suite I should use that will slow down my computer the least???????

Right now I use Norton internet security 2005, because it's the fastest one I can find.
I was using the latest Zone Alarm Pro, but it was way too slow.

Any advice is appreciated.

I have a Core 2 Duo E6600, and 2 GB ram, so it's not like I can't run the slow things, but I just don't like the speed decrease.

Norton is terrible IMHO, slowed my PC down to a crawl even with e6600 and 2GB.

I suggest NOD32 or Kaspersky.

Well just because Norton is so old it seems to be faster than all the other current one's I've tried.

I'll try NOD32, it has a cool name.

Like the Brotherhood of Nod from C&C.

NOD32 is about as light and quick of a suite as you can get.

I used to love Kaspersky, but the later releases started to seem bloated like norton / mcafee

NOD32 or AVG are my choices now

another vote for nod32 here...

and just as a 'real-world' test to show just how light it is... i run a vmware test environment at home - e4500, 8 gigs, 1x o/s drive and 3x v/m drives. at the moment i am running an entire network in there consisting of untangle, 2003 sbs, 2003 std, and around 8 xp pro clients. performance is snappy.

i've installed nod32 (2.7) on both servers and all xp pro clients...and guess what...no noticeable slowdown... now, that's lightweight!!!

Thanks everyone for the advice.

More good info to move me away from the everyday, common, computer tech.

The OP wanted an internet security suite.

Esets NOD32 is just an antivirus.

Esets ESS (ESET® Smart Security) is their internet security suite, which is a combination of their NOD32 antivirus technology along with a software firewall, spam filtering, etc.

Back