Fastest 250-320gb HD?

gazza_new

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 20, 2005
Messages
162
I'm gonna be using a Raptor 74gb for my main windows! What's the fastest 250-320Gb HD at the moment? I'm mainly going to be using the drive to copy from to my Raptor often, so this part of the performance is crucial!
 
The absolute fastest is the Maxtor Atlas 10k V. The fastest sata/ide is the diamondmax 10.
 
Western Digital 2500ks (250gig/16meg) is as good/better as the dx10 / max3 (16 meg) series in the 7200rpm category.
 
draksia said:
The absolute fastest is the Maxtor Atlas 10k V. The fastest sata/ide is the diamondmax 10.

I second that one.

Your storage drive would be faster then your raptor if you got that Maxtor SCSI drive :D
 
A week ago, it would have been the Maxtor DiamondMax10 w/ 16MB buffer, no dispute. However, SR's new Office DriveMark 2006 makes WD's latest drives look VERY good, and fantastic pricing on the WD3200 makes it look even better. It is $155 w/ free shipping on ZZF right now. Rebates for it also show up pretty frequently in [H]ot|Deals. A 300GB Maxtor goes for $148 from ZZF right now. If you have a brand preference between the two, follow it, otherwise go with the best deal you can get from a reputable dealer. The only knock I can think of on the WD3200JD is that it uses the PATA bridge chip, but that does not affect the WD2500KS.
 
Back
Top