• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Fastest 120mm fan

blkgt01

Weaksauce
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
98
I want to upgrade my 3 120mm fans that i have in the case now with something that can push more air. Noise isnt an issue since i will run them off a fan controller. I want a fan that can push a shit load of CFM's and cool this sucker down. I want to go over 3.6ghz and i think this is one way to achieve that.
 
Edit - Oops, didn't read the topic well enough the vantec tornado I mentioned is only 92mm, sorry o_O
 
that sounds nice too bad its out of stock. I wonder how much air those pust at barable sound levels
 
Check out the ystechs they used to be on top I think with 136cfm. The blades are nice and deep which would get better cfm for a slower speed. They let out a low (But still a bit loud)groan because they scoop alot of air per revolution. The blades on the screamers seem to be like slim fans but the motor assembly is full thickness. They probably rely on all RPMs to get the flow which would be much more high pitch (But not necesarily more loud) sound for the same cfm. But the screamers at full blow much more air so they are much louder anyway.

Ive got an 80 screamer on a 7-12v switch. I couldn't imagine the sound output of the 120 version.
 
Back
Top