• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Faster to software stripe in XP or?

S

SirKenin

Guest
Is it faster to stripe two identical HDD's in XP (I believe you can do that) or leave them alone and just put a RAID config on the SATA controller.. The drives I want to stripe are PATA.
 
How are you going to RAID PATA drives via a SATA controller?
 
tdg said:
How are you going to RAID PATA drives via a SATA controller?
I'm going to leave the PATA drives on the PATA controllor and do what I can to them through software (I haven't explored this avenue yet, so I don't know what all the limitations are).

I have a SATA HDD that I use for my boot drive now.

Eventually I plan on building a separate RAID array in it's own case as soon as I figure out how.
 
Nobody has any results using the software RAID in Windows XP?
 
RAID 0 in hardware, in my limited testing, is slightly faster than in XP. You can measure the difference, but I don't think you'll notice it in usage.
 
I have two PATA drives in there and I'm getting the itch to do something, so I might just RAID them for the hell of it and see what they can do. However, if there is no performance advantage then why bother, and that's why I was hoping for some facts.
 
If you're going to stripe two PATA drives, just make sure they're on seperate channels and not master/slave...
 
Back
Top