Faster responding CCC, some small tips

Apple740

Gawd
I found out that i helped some friends who had performance issue's with the CCC with providing them some small tips which could help in a faster responding CCC, maybe some guys here will like them too:

-On the "display options" tab, select "use manual only".
-On the "3D" tab, disable the 3D previewer.
-If you don't care about the looks of your CCC, select "system skin" under skins.

Hope this helps for some of you.

Thanks.

I have a AIW 9800 Pro in a 2500+ as my HTPC and CCC loads up like an uphill molasses race. Thats why when I recently got my X800 Pro I only installed the display driver, and there are no options for me to tweak its display...so now I'll do the full CCC install and see how it goes.

Thanks.

First tip made the most difference, (dont know how i missed that)

This did speed up load a few seconds, but i still think it takes way to long, expecialy compared to Nvidia drivers.

Apple740 said:
I found out that i helped some friends who had performance issue's with the CCC with providing them some small tips which could help in a faster responding CCC, maybe some guys here will like them too:

-On the "display options" tab, select "use manual only".
-On the "3D" tab, disable the 3D previewer.
-If you don't care about the looks of your CCC, select "system skin" under skins.

Hope this helps for some of you.

tornadotsunamilife, only 5 seconds for you...wow! These tips are good, before if I had been gaming it could take up to 20-25 seconds to load.....

I've personally found CCC to have gotten MUCH MUCH faster throughout its life. I remember back when they first implemented it the splash screen would sit there for at least 30 seconds while it loaded. Now with the 6.5 betas it opens in about 2 seconds. Although it took me forever to reach this point, I now prefer CCC over the old CP (some of that is probably because there's some functionality blatently missing from the CP :rolleyes: )

much faster, it was like 20 secs before now its around 3 or 4.

ManicOne said:
tornadotsunamilife, only 5 seconds for you...wow! These tips are good, before if I had been gaming it could take up to 20-25 seconds to load.....

I've never hit anywere near this amount of time, and my rig isn't exactly state of the art either. Weird

I had done the first two ever since I started using CCC, but the first one made the biggest difference. CCC is now instant, and ever since I got my new card (X1800XT 512MB) opening CCC caused my screen to flicker black for a split second. Now it doesn't so that. :D Thanks a bunch!

Thanks for the tips. Now If I could find my CCC and try it out it would be nice...(see my thread please)

Very strange, when I use system skin the thing takes longer to load then it did before the tips, I pick classic skin and its fast as hell :eek:

Great tips! Helped out quite a bit with loading time. Thanks a bunch for this one!

Do keep in mind, folks, once you make these changes, you need to reboot to really find out how long it takes to load.

The reason it takes 15-20 seconds to load the first time after a reboot is that WinXP doesn't load all of .NET into memory until something needs it. Like, say, the CCC. So it takes a long time because .NET needs to be loaded into memory. Once that is done, you can close CCC and re-open it, and you'll notice it's already half the time (or better) with nothing changed at all.

FWIW, Vista will load .NET by default on OS bootup, so this will not be a factor with that OS.

dderidex said:
Do keep in mind, folks, once you make these changes, you need to reboot to really find out how long it takes to load.

The reason it takes 15-20 seconds to load the first time after a reboot is that WinXP doesn't load all of .NET into memory until something needs it. Like, say, the CCC. So it takes a long time because .NET needs to be loaded into memory. Once that is done, you can close CCC and re-open it, and you'll notice it's already half the time (or better) with nothing changed at all.

I noticed that already. The tips still made the load a bit quicker, even on my new rig. On first load though, it does take about 15 to 20 seconds for the CCC window to appear. After that total load time takes about 3 seconds.

Back