faster processors

XCLR82XTC

Limp Gawd
ok so if carbon is more readily availbile than silver platinum, gold...etc (all the stuff in a processor), carbon is cheaper than silver and carbon nanotubes conduct electricity more than 1000x better than silver...and nanotubes are easy to grow and cheap

then why the f&*k arent we using nanotube processors? makes no sense to me why we have the technology and arent using it...

Last edited:
Maybe it's just still more economical to stay with the existing method of integrated circuit production rather than build a whole new infrastructure to facilitate the production of nanotubule processors.

i thought that at first, but that just doesnt coincide with the laws of a free market. the longer they make silicon chips, the more money they are losing. it seems to me like these will be out in the next 3-5 years. i think they should have already been out but its just an opinion.

all i know is, basically take what we have now and times it by 100 and thats what well havethen lol. can you imagin 50ghz processors? lol combine that with optics and we got somethign equivalent to a human brain.

i thought that at first, but that just doesnt coincide with the laws of a free market. the longer they make silicon chips, the more money they are losing. it seems to me like these will be out in the next 3-5 years. i think they should have already been out but its just an opinion.
But in the short term, the quicker they adopt the new infrastructure the more money they lose. And that is what companies really worry about.

^^^

Just tell them you are personally willing to pay the entire capital expenditure for all companies to move to that "new fangled technology".

Back