"Fast" mousepad

crad

n00b
I know there are quite a few posts regarding mousepads but not that address my question so here goes. I am looking for a smooth pad, no cloth pads, one that has little resistance and will NOT eat mouse feet. I am looking at the Razer Scarab and also the Steelseries S&S or maybe the SX. If anyone has any of these, I would like to hear your opinions/comments regarding glide and mouse feet wear. Thanks

SX is super fast and slippery with the logitech polytetrafluoroethylene mouse feet.
Its less slippery with the teflon skates that it comes with - they wear down pretty quick. But when they're fresh, its super slippery.
I use the G9X on a steelseries SX surface.

Func archetype (metal base, plastic surface) is SUPER slippery, and does not eat mouse feet at all.
A very close friend of mine uses a Logitech Performance MX on this surface.

both of these pads are the type where you can sneeze and your mouse will glide away from you. They are amazing.

Non-cloth pads eat up mouse feet quicker. I don't think you're being realistic in what you're asking...I'm speaking from experience.

Steelseries SX gets my vote. Smooth and fast, fantastic tracking. Price is the only issue for many, but I hear now availability is in question.

zowie g-tf speed / artisan hien hard / artisan shiden kai if you prefer no texture, noidpad and qpad ct are good candidates too.

I just ordered the artisan hien hard, it's a cloth pad but supposedly it doesn't *feel* like one. Will let you know when it arrives tomorrow.

I know there are quite a few posts regarding mousepads but not that address my question so here goes. I am looking for a smooth pad, no cloth pads, one that has little resistance and will NOT eat mouse feet. I am looking at the Razer Scarab and also the Steelseries S&S or maybe the SX. If anyone has any of these, I would like to hear your opinions/comments regarding glide and mouse feet wear. Thanks

it isnt the pads that east the feet in my experience. its the dirst and misc. other crud that gets on the mousepad. i went through 3 pairs of mousefeet before i started to clue -in. they make the feet way too soft. myself i use a Func10s pad. i wish their website was up as id love to order another one for a spare.

i know you said no clothpads, but i feel like you should still check out Artisan mousepads. the Hien hard has tons of glide and now they have they new "shiden?" which is treated with a glass surface. granted they are still both technically cloth pads, but they are so far off from what you would expect and the quality is absolutely top notch. i can push my deathadder from one side of the pad (i have the large, which is HUGE) to the other with only a gently nudge, it just slides on its own.

Using Razer Destructor very good pad ;)

Put the Ratpadz XT up against in for speed. Pledge is the bomb. Thanks for the support.We also have a money back garantee, and will pay for return shipping. Made in the USA.

SX is super fast and slippery with the logitech polytetrafluoroethylene mouse feet.
Its less slippery with the teflon skates that it comes with - they wear down pretty quick. But when they're fresh, its super slippery.
I use the G9X on a steelseries SX surface.

Chemistry nut here... Not to pick a nit but polytetrafluoroethylene and Teflon are one and the same. I'm not in to mouse feet (I toss it when I wear it out) but IMO a good material for them would be Delrin (Polyoxymethylene). One of it's uses is as a cam chain guide/tensioner for engines, so it can take a load of abuse with minimal wear. That and it's as slippery as Teflon. I have a chunk of white Delrin here that I machined a primary drive chain tensioner from for my motorcycle. Four years and 23,000 miles later, it's barely worn.

If I get bored one day I might have to machine up a set of them to test just to see how they would work.

[cloth pad] My Artisan Hien hard came in today and I got a chance to play a bit of cs 1.6/l4d2 last night. This is the hardest cloth surface I've used or seen.

I have used Ratpadz, DKT pad, and Steelseries QCK. So far I think this is my favorite and it seems like it will last for a pretty long time judging by the quality.

-Surface is cloth that feels a bit like an orange to the touch
-middle portion is some sort of hard foam
-bottom surface is is rubber but it is NOT that porous rubber that I'm used to with other mousepads e.g. DKT, SteelSeries, other random cloth pads.

What I like:

-hard cloth surface that is fast
-not loud like most glass / plastic surfaces
-combination of pad weight / good rubber backing makes the pad stay put on table

Last edited:
Back