• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Fast Action FPSes

Drakan290

2[H]4U
Joined
Sep 11, 2008
Messages
3,087
I've been playing a lot of MW2 and MW1 lately, and the genre has turned into my favorite game play style. Fast, action FPS. I previously played Unreal Tournament and MW2 is igniting the same funzies that I used to have playing UT.

What other games out there, in the same category, are there?

Don't mention Bad Company 2, I don't like the game. I am rank 22 so I've given it my fair chance, I just don't like it very much.
No flame wars about MW2 SUCKS BC2 ROCKS either, take that shit elsewhere.
 
UT is a slow-motion game compared to Q3A. Go get some Quake Live on, it's free.
 
Quake 3 Arena and UT still reign supreme for fast action fps.
 
play some TF2, i wouldn't call it FAST action but it can be depending on what game mode and map you play.

UT2k4 is definitely still around and kicking your ass

I like CS Source
 
i agree with you. fast action is my favorite play style. i can't think of anything besides cod4, cod5, and mw2. my favorite is cod4 because i'm sick of ww2 (knocks of cod5) and mw2 doesn't allow enough players per game so it's not enough action for me. cod4 does it all.

if modding was as great they say it is, i wish people could create new maps for the cod4 (and maps that look decent not like they're from 1995).
 
Painkiller and Serious Sam are good choices for twitch shooters. Painkiller is awesome in multiplayer if you've got some friends to play online with.
 
Painkiller and Serious Sam are good choices for twitch shooters. Painkiller is awesome in multiplayer if you've got some friends to play online with.

Painkiller was fantastic and should have been the "real" Quake IV. Wish people still played.

Serious Sam HD/Quake Live get my vote.
 
Best twitch shooters? QuakeWorld, Quake III Arena, Counter-Strike, UT2003 (though I guess UT99 might be twitchier).

QuakeWorld is just insane. Grab EZQuake and join the nearest server to you. Pretty no much no matter what, they're going to rock your fuckin' ass.
 
Wait you're level 22 on BC2 and you don't like it? I'm level 18 and thats with nearly 40 hours played. How can you play a game for more than 40 hours if you cannot stand it?
 
It's really cool that QuakeLive is cross platform.
I was just playing with no hiccups in Sabayon, then switched over to my Win7 Machine without any problems saving or anything :D
 
Counter Strike with gun game mod (any map with the prefix gg) or TF2 in arena mode playing as any class but spy, medic, or sniper would probably fit your needs well
 
left 4 dead series have their moments

battlefield 2 or bad company 2 for sure

everyone else already said quake UT and such....
 
Everyone here has pretty much topped off the list. The only game I didn't see mentioned is Warsow, and it would probably be worth checking out since it's free.

I wouldn't really consider CS (1.6 or Source) a twitch shooter. It has it's moments with amazing snap shots or 1 Ak's but it isn't to the same degree of twitch that a game like UT or Quake has.
 
Back
Top