• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

FarCry can't run HDR mode?

Garric

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
197
I try to do HDR mode with commands like \r_hdrrendering 10 and whatnot, except nothing happens. I have a 7800GT OC. What's going on, and how can I fix it? And yes I have the newest drivers, and yes I have the newest patch.
 
turn off aa (make sure u have it turned off in farcry if u have it app controlled or nvidia display options if u have it on in the nvidia control center)

~ tilde for console

\r_hdrrendering 7
 
todlerix said:
turn off aa (make sure u have it turned off in farcry if u have it app controlled or nvidia display options if u have it on in the nvidia control center)

~ tilde for console

\r_hdrrendering 7
Just tried it.. still doesn't work.
 
Are all your settings turned to Ultra? From what I can tell if they aren't then you can enable HDR.
 
everything has to be on the max settings, and AA has to be turned off for it to function...you'll immediately know it works because your screen will flash brightly when you turn it on.
 
All of my stuff in FarCry is set on the best setting. My AA is off. I don't know what's going on!
 
are you typing it into the console correct? try changing the name of the farcry.exe file in your install folder and make sure your shortcuts are aiming to the correct file (newly named file)
 
jdunner3 said:
are you typing it into the console correct? try changing the name of the farcry.exe file in your install folder and make sure your shortcuts are aiming to the correct file (newly named file)
Yep yep yep. I copy pasted exactly from several threads. I know I'm doing it right.
 
Yea no devmode here and the game looks beautiful. I swear the textures on indoor environments looks better with the AA turned off and the HDR on.
 
Yeah HDR in the game is a double edged sword it adds alot, but sometimes it adds TO much to the point of annoying and damn, its a framerate killer. I can't run at my native 1920x1200 res and HDR without getting massive framerate dips so I had to reduce to 1860x1080 to get playable with HDR and all effects full crank.
 
Alright guys, thanks for the help. For some reason a wierd bug changed my settings from ultra to just regular high, and it wouldn't let me change back so I reinstalled it. The only problem now is that when I run HDR mode, if I look too long into the sun I get these purple lines on my screen!
 
To fix those purple lines appearing, you have to rename your farcry.exe so that the Nvidia drivers don't mess with the game. I did and it works fine now.
 
Back
Top