• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Farcry 1.4 and HDR

Dan_D

Cat Can't Scratch It
Joined
Feb 9, 2002
Messages
66,050
For some reason I can't get HDR to enable no matter what I do. AA is turned off just in case it still won't let me run AA and HDR at the same time, but for some reason I still can't enable HDR no matter what I do. The game seems to recognize the command, but it isn't actually changing the HDR levels from 0-7 or anything else. Anyone have any ideas?

This is with the machine in my signature running Windows Vista x64.
 
Evening bump, I'd really like help with this if anyone has any idea why this wouldn't be working.
 
I read HDR+AA was disabled in the latest patch, but not sure if that's HDR altogether or not.
 
I can use HDR just fine in Vista x32 with the 8800GTS and 160.xx drivers, patched to 1.4. I use an "systemcfgoverride.cfg" file in my main farcry directory. Contents are as follows....you may already be doing this.....and be sure to set all details in game to "very high" to let it work. Although HDR + AA is "supposed" to work, I can't get it to, if I enable both at the same time I get corruption, rather, water all over the level.....



d3d9_TripleBuffering = "1"
r_VSync = "1"
e_vegetation_sprites_distance_ratio = "100.000000"
r_FSAA = "0"
r_FSAA_quality = "0"
r_FSAA_samples = "4"
r_HDRRendering = "6"
 
Lighting Quality and Special Effects Quality both set to Very High?

Just a thought...
 
I can use HDR just fine in Vista x32 with the 8800GTS and 160.xx drivers, patched to 1.4. I use an "systemcfgoverride.cfg" file in my main farcry directory. Contents are as follows....you may already be doing this.....and be sure to set all details in game to "very high" to let it work. Although HDR + AA is "supposed" to work, I can't get it to, if I enable both at the same time I get corruption, rather, water all over the level.....



d3d9_TripleBuffering = "1"
r_VSync = "1"
e_vegetation_sprites_distance_ratio = "100.000000"
r_FSAA = "0"
r_FSAA_quality = "0"
r_FSAA_samples = "4"
r_HDRRendering = "6"

I'll give this a try.

Lighting Quality and Special Effects Quality both set to Very High?

Just a thought...

Already doing this.

Thanks guys, I'll try the above suggestion.
 
Back
Top